Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Parade 2008 Charlotte
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
akellym
So who is going to Charlotte? It's not until June 27th, but registration starts in March. Hope to see you there!
TROJANMAN
hijacked.gif

Everyone should be making plans for Denver next year biggrin.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Wifey and I very much want to attend and participate, but I've got a couple hurdles to overcome. The first issue will be "is the car going to be finished?". There's a 75% certainty that it will be. My other problem will be scheduling the time off of work for the Parade as the end-of-the-month is the busiest period for me. That is a 50/50 proposition.

Paul
Gustl
do I get this right ... Charlotte 2008 is on June 27th ???

that would be my birthday biggrin.gif

but I'm afraid I can't make it ...

bye1.gif Gustl
Jax914
...interesting...that might be something interesting. I'll be considering it.
Johny Blackstain
Thanks for the registration date tip. It's past due to finally enter the LE into a show & see how I do. I have a free place to stay w/ friends & it's about a six hour drive so I gotta give it a shot.
wbergtho
Kelly,

What class would I enter? OH that's right...There isn't a class for me. Maybe I'll just go to gawk and gape at all the hideously cool, rare and expensive cars there.

Bill
SGB
I am going.

Went to Hershey a couple of years ago. I had charging issues with the 914 and many people came over to offer help, tools, and info. There was a pretty good teener turnout at that one, and it was great! Besides the actual Concours, there is usually a general car show (they had a name for it) for those folks not inclined for the Parade lever concours get to be in. At Hershey, that was right on the grounds near the actual trophy cars.

Mostly, it is a chance to really appreciate the truely historical cars.

We need a list of 914World inhabitants planning on going so we can get together to share partial-truths.
stepuptotheMike
Looking forward to seeing everyone. We can call it a warm up for ECC 2008.
ge9146
I plan on attending in my 911 since my 914 is still holidng down some jackstands. Parades are usually a lot of fun and I have been to several. Looking forward to this one. Hopefully we can get a group together there. beerchug.gif

Registration is on-line on Tuesday March 11 and it usually fills up fast.
Hope to see you there.
SGB
QUOTE(ge9146 @ Mar 2 2008, 05:13 PM) *

Do you suppose it will be necessary to hit the registration right after midnight?

More importantly, should we register on the PCA website (username/ password) ahead of time? I used to have a registration with the online PCA folks(to place an ad in Panorama) but I don't remember my password. I better try to get a new registration set up before the 11th.

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(SGB @ Mar 2 2008, 08:03 PM) *

QUOTE(ge9146 @ Mar 2 2008, 05:13 PM) *

Do you suppose it will be necessary to hit the registration right after midnight?

More importantly, should we register on the PCA website (username/ password) ahead of time? I used to have a registration with the online PCA folks(to place an ad in Panorama) but I don't remember my password. I better try to get a new registration set up before the 11th.

Don't think email will upstage snail mail.

Planning on being there (with ONE possible negative). Will be entering the resto class for concours (even though my car hasn't been "restored").
Pat
watsonrx13
My wife and I are planning to attend. I'm also planning to drive the car from central FL to Charlotte, just not certain if my wife will be riding with me... biggrin.gif

I think that Steve Gaglione and his wife are also planning to attend...

This will be my first Parade .... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
akellym
icon_bump.gif
Jasfsmith
If my health holds up, I'll be there. If for no other reason than to be Pat Garvey's guide dog. <grin>
akellym
it's open!!!
watsonrx13
Well, my wife has been trying for the last 20 min, the site is hung up, no movement, locked up.... This so frustrating... mad.gif

-- Rob
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Mar 11 2008, 05:22 AM) *

Well, my wife has been trying for the last 20 min, the site is hung up, no movement, locked up.... This so frustrating... mad.gif

-- Rob

I'm getting the same non-response here as well.
akellym
I go to the 4th page of the app. before it locked up.

Piss poor planning on their part...
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(akellym @ Mar 11 2008, 06:10 AM) *

I go to the 4th page of the app. before it locked up.

I finally got to the login w/user name and password, then.....everything stops.

Maybe they know that we're 914 owners. laugh.gif
akellym
they now have a statement up... saying to try back later.
watsonrx13
Well, we have a confirmation e-mail, we're in.... smilie_pokal.gif

It took my wife 1hr 20 min to complete, she never gave up.... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we are going the 916 will be in the Porsche historic display in the civic center
Jasfsmith

[/quote]

I finally got to the login w/user name and password, then.....everything stops.

Maybe they know that we're 914 owners. laugh.gif
[/quote]

Same results here. I've been tring every 30 minutes or so with the same results.

It wasn't a problem last year.
akellym
Just made my Res. at Westin Charlotte, good thing they have a discount!!
SGB
I'm in!
akellym
SWEET! piratenanner.gif

"Congratulations!

Your registration for the 2008 Porsche Parade in Charlotte has been accepted. You are in! All online and paper registrations received to date have been accepted.

To try and escape some spam filters, I have not included your summary information in this email. To see your registration, go to pca.org, login, and review it. You may make changes to your meals, events, etc. online from now until June 1st. After that we may limit some of the changes you may make.

Remember to put an entry in the "Name Badge" field under Family Members if you prefer Bob over Robert (for example) and enter a PCA National or Regional Title if appropriate.

If you have questions, reply to this email and I will respond to you as quickly as possible.

Susan Brown, Parade Registrar"
gasman
QUOTE(akellym @ Jan 15 2008, 06:18 AM) *

So who is going to Charlotte? It's not until June 27th, but registration starts in March. Hope to see you there!

I'm registered.......Only have the 25 mile ride to get there. There is also the Auto show on April 6th at Lowes motor speedway.....See ya there!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.