Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: QSC P & Cs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
Anybody have good / bad things to say about QSC pistons & cylinders?
brer
sure,

smile.gif

I bought some.
Tested some.
sold some.
refunded money on the ones I sold.
and waved them goodbye.

and that is how that goes.

slap.gif
Twystd1
I know A BUNCH about these cylinders.

PM me for more info.

Brer is spot on by the way. (He usually is) Hi Brer..!!!!

Clayton
Carrera916
ummm,

could anyone spell out the QSC? Not familiar of the abbrev. letters or actual name....

j
Twystd1
QSC = Name brand of aftermarket automotive parts manufacturer.

Google is your friend. Try "QSC + Cylinders"

C
EdwardBlume
Here's why I asked:

QCS P&C Ad

90% off is a decent sale price.
davep
QUOTE(Rob Ways @ Jan 16 2008, 01:07 PM) *

90% off is a decent sale price.

Not if it is total junk and they are completely worthless.
Many such outfits make all their money on shipping charges.
rfuerst911sc
There are postings on Pelican from Henry at Supertec. Apparently he has had good luck with QSC cylinders but I believe he runs them thru a thorough inspection and matches up sets himself?
Jake Raby
They have no desire to have any development done to their product, or to even test it to prove it's integrity.

Anything you don't see in my store has an explanation behind it...
Twystd1
Henry's product is different than what you see being sold by QSC.

And yes his inspection process is extremely critical to him.
Call Henry if you want 911 cylinders and JE slugs.

OK.. I'm done.

Clayton
cnavarro
I have replaced a few sets of QSC nikasil cylinders with Nickies in the last year and a half- the worst was a 2.4->2.5 85mm 911 set and the cylinder skirts were cracked or broke off while the engine was being broken in on the dyno. Some of the others you could peel the nikasil off the bores with your nails. Most just don't measure out. That's why they are so heavily discounted. They don't know what to do with all those glorious paperweights.

I posted quite some time ago that they called me and were trying to get technical information out of me on metallurgy and the plating process. I told them why not ask their own engineers since they were already selling aluminum nikasil cylinders.

The original post re: this is on Jake's forum.
sww914
They're made in China as cheaply as possible.
The way that manufacturing in Taiwan, at least, goes is like this-
You approach a manufacturer of the type of product that you need, say 1000 fenders. You tell them how much you want to pay for it. If you want a $10.00 fender, they'll make them. If you want a $100.00 fender to fit the same car, they'll make those for you too. They make the same 5% profit on both, the difference is in the quality of the materials, fit, and finish, and quality control. I've seen Taiwanese fenders for a Ford Ranger that were the wrong shape by over 1", the bodylines were 1/2" too high or too low, and the mounting holes were 1 1/2" off. I've also seen Ford fenders that were half as bad as that, and I've seen Taiwanese fenders that fit way, way better than most of the OEM's.
I believe that somebody with as much knowledge and experience as Charles or Jake, for instance, could approach a manufacturer in Taiwan with exacting specifications and processes that are clearly defined, provide their own quality control, and end up with a quality product that is somewhat less expensive than one produced in the US. You could not end up with a $200.00 set of P's & C's that are as good as those that sell for $2000.00.
If I approached the Taiwanese manufacturer to produce them, you'd probably end up with the same low quality crap that QSC is selling. I don't think that QSC knows what a quality product is, or if they do, their quality control is nonexistent.
From what Henry at Supertec has said on the bird board, he goes through hundreds of cylinders and sorts out a few that are worth selling. He is the quality control.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.