Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barrett Jackson starts now...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
Just thought I would let you know. I like to keep an eye on stocks and bonds and such for a hobby, but this auction always gets my attention. Nothing like peole paying way over what the car should go for dry.gif However, if you like to collect cars it does give you an idea what the market is doing.

And Amy Assiter is back again. She was there two years ago when I went. Shes purdy biggrin.gif They always have some little cuties there too.
PeeGreen 914
They just had a commercial with a 356 speedster where the guy waws going to pick up a date, but she had a gravel driveway. He decided not to drive in to get her biggrin.gif
jgara962
My wife will be so excited to know that we'll be watching this for the next six nights! biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
My wife makes me DVR it. sad.gif
Gint
QUOTE(jgara962 @ Jan 15 2008, 05:18 PM) *

My wife will be so excited to know that we'll be watching this for the next six nights! biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

I got a simialr reaction whe I came hone tonight and realized it was on. I watch 80% of it every year. Great car show for hours on end. And it's easy to use a computer and watch the auction at the same time.
scotty b
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 15 2008, 04:07 PM) *

Just thought I would let you know. I like to keep an eye on stocks and bonds and such for a hobby, but this auction always gets my attention. Nothing like peole paying way over what the car should go for dry.gif However, if you like to collect cars it does give you an idea what the market is doing.

And Amy Assiter is back again. She was there two years ago when I went. Shes purdy biggrin.gif They always have some little cuties there too.

Yeah Amy wub.gif She'd be a keeper for sure.
MoveQik
Rookies! Come out and see it first hand. I can see the tent from my back yard. Saw Carroll Shelby there last year. pray.gif
PeeGreen 914
So far I am 100% on fantasy bidding biggrin.gif We'll see after this t-bird though. I think I am way off on that one.
championgt1
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 15 2008, 04:16 PM) *

They just had a commercial with a 356 speedster where the guy waws going to pick up a date, but she had a gravel driveway. He decided not to drive in to get her biggrin.gif

av-943.gif
rhodyguy
i wondered if the jonathanbovey that won one of the fantasy bids was you.

k
PeeGreen 914
Yes, it is me biggrin.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 15 2008, 05:49 PM) *

Rookies! Come out and see it first hand. I can see the tent from my back yard. Saw Carroll Shelby there last year. pray.gif

Would that be the "It's all about Ol' Shel" Caroll Shelby? He fits right in at that place.

The Cap'n
PeeGreen 914
Some really cool cars going today..... and some really dumb ones. Wood chipper PT?
jasons
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 16 2008, 08:12 PM) *

Some really cool cars going today..... and some really dumb ones. Wood chipper PT?

Jesse James/Monster Garage cars.
PeeGreen 914
I know what they are from, but why would you put a wood chipper in a PT cuiser? Or do anything to it for that matter?
jasons
Yeah that was a waste of a good wood chipper for sure.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 16 2008, 11:30 AM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 15 2008, 05:49 PM) *

Would that be the "It's all about Ol' Shel" Caroll Shelby? He fits right in at that place.

The Cap'n

confused24.gif
r_towle
VW thing, 2.3 liter 180hp motor, very yellow...nice and clean.
30k...wow
tdgray
Some real head scrachers yesterday though... not sure about that 100K plastic 57 Chevy replica... waste of money.

Good deal on the 73 vette... can't remember I think about 26K?
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, my fantasy bidding was way off yesterday. I am in 7th now sad.gif Maybe I can make up for that today biggrin.gif I want to win the driving experience. piratenanner.gif
PeeGreen 914
And here we go again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.