Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How'd they do it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
OK 1970 Neun..., how'd they do it ?

And I mean the numbers, not the friggin screws!
Pat
JeffBowlsby
Nice and clean Pat. thumb3d.gif

Were your numbers like that before? They look upside down from Pauls...

Also does that old original tin you have also include the "I.O." on the right side tin like the later cars?
1970 Neun vierzehn
Jeff,
The "I.O" is reproduced on the same place, in the same fashion, on my '70.

The "022.6" stencil on the rusted tin in your first picture, and on the 1.7 on the pallet is mine, not Pat's. That should be self-evident 'cause (A)Pat would never let his engine tin ever get that bad, (B)my engine tin displays the correct cheesehead screws (both in original rust format and restored configuration), and ©, my engine tin displays "022.6" and "I.O" whereas Pat's has no markings (yet).
Unfortunately, the "022.6" number reproduced on the tin is upside-down and the engine is back in the car, all connected and plumbed. I can live with that, though I'm sure there are others who could not.

Pat,
The engine tin marks were hand painted, using the original marks as patterns. Alas, the "022.6" was reproduced facing to the rear, though originally it faced forward.

Paul

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.