Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me find a 2.7 /6 P/C, PLEASE!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Hey all,
Clayton (twystd1) has been burning up the LA area looking for a single 2.7 CIS piston and cylinder. He can find sets, but finding singles is a bit of a PITA. Can anyone recommend a place that would sell me a single p/c? Any help would greatly help get my car back on the road....this is taking too long sad.gif
Places tried so far (that I can remember):
- Supertech

Clayton advised me to call Otto's which I will do tomorrow. As for the free one Jeff (sixnotfour) sent me, it was unfortunately out of spec. One ring groove was too large sad.gif

Thanks!
904svo
Try Joe at German Auto Dismantlers

1-866-356-2996 Ext 126
Trevorg7
Get a 4 poke.gif

Just trying to help!

T
Dr Evil
KMA.gif Trevor
dakotaewing
Call Wes Hildreth at H & H in Plano Texas -
He has been in the same shop for a L O N G Time....
Do a search for him on the board and you will find him -

Here you go - 972-423-8526

TE
LarryR
Try http://www.partsheaven.com/ they are a porsche only bone yard in N. Ca.

Telephone: 800.767.7250
Cap'n Krusty
Alusil or Nikasil? Height group? The Cap'n
Twystd1
Mike,

While your searching.

Can you post the CYLINDER part number?

And let me get this straight.

You need 1 piston with matching wrist pin and 1 matching Cylinder.

YOU are going to supply the new rings.

Correct...???????????

Clayton
degreeoff
Hey Mike,

I have 5 of em and I'd get off 1. You are more than welcome to come down thursday and go through the batch with Zach?? He's coming down for a case and some stuff.

Josh
crash914
Josh, what time is everyone coming down? can I swing by and hang out?
degreeoff
Hey Herb,

Zach is trying to make it around 6:30...but its still up in the air. You are welcome to swing by. Mike hasnt gotten in touch yet but we shall see if that pans out.
VaccaRabite
If Mike can't make it, but lets me know exactly what he needs, I'll grab it for him.

Zach
degreeoff
Yeah the thing is.....I think he'll need to be here to check the pistons for ring gap specs??? I havent the slightest idea how to do it unless you do?
VaccaRabite
Ps, so people know for planning purposes.
I'll be hitting the gym at Loyola and leaving Baltimore ~5.
My arrival at Josh's will depend more on traffic and weather then distance. My guess is around 6 to 6:30.

Zach
plas76targa
Nuts! Kids' basketball just changed to thursday night - otherwise I'd pick up Herb and head over.. mebbe next time
jaybird840
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 15 2008, 08:27 PM) *

Hey all,
Clayton (twystd1) has been burning up the LA area looking for a single 2.7 CIS piston and cylinder. He can find sets, but finding singles is a bit of a PITA.
Thanks!

Hey Evil,
Dumb question, but did you hit up the bird board? User "edbaus" is parting several 2.7's and may have a spare about. You prolly already been there, done that, tho. I've been eyeballing lots of 2.7 stuff over there as I'm getting ready do the 2.7 swap on my 'teener. HTH

--Jaybird
911quest
I have set for cheap.... need to no height group and what there made of post a pic.
Dr Evil
Sorry for not posting the height group and such. Size 0, height group 6, Alusil and I will need the wrist pin. I plan on getting the rings myself unless the seller has a new set for sale with the p/c.

I will likely not make it down to your place, Josh, but I am very interested in what ya got.

I did go onto the bird board and I have an offer from a guy for a set at $150, but I need to find the old one to get the numbers off of it. I dont have the cylinder numbers handy, I will have to get out to the cold garage tomorrow and search for them. I am just getting off of a 13hr day working on the psychiatry service (not a client yet).
J P Stein
You don't need a PN. You need matched height group and manufacture....most will be KS.....some Mahle Alusil I hear, but have never seen. The 90mm PCs are all the same if you follow that. You don't even need diameter matched as long as each piston matches the its cylinder.

I did see some Mahle pistons in KS cylinders once...a MM Motor. The results were catastrophic.
Dr Evil
Yes, the broken one is one of the rare Mahle Alusil. It was 0,6, I put it on the engine with the original piston.....you know the rest. Both were alusil (p and c), but the original remaining 5 are KS. I went off of the assumption that you only needed to match size and height numbers....I foolishly though that the machine shop checked to make sure the cylinder was correct for the piston....they said the cylinder was fine, but I dont remember giving them the piston so I am pretty sure that the end result is my fault as the cylinder was too big for the piston.
Allan
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 16 2008, 09:10 PM) *

the cylinder was too big for the piston.

That's what she said... av-943.gif

Hope you get it fixed Mike...
degreeoff
Hey Mike,I can tell you now that the P&C's are mahle and they are 6 height group however they are Nikasil...and I needed one for my enginge so you a SOL unless you can sorce a 90mm cylinder or mis match? I'd trade you for a set of CV saftey bolts....and....some gears maybe?

Josh
crash914
nasty weather....not going to make it tonight...next time...
Dr Evil
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Jan 17 2008, 10:03 AM) *

Hey Mike,I can tell you now that the P&C's are mahle and they are 6 height group however they are Nikasil...and I needed one for my enginge so you a SOL unless you can sorce a 90mm cylinder or mis match? I'd trade you for a set of CV saftey bolts....and....some gears maybe?

Josh

Gonna pass, Homey. Thanks, though.
911quest
The set I have I'll let go 75.00 so you can have the pick of the best one out of the six.....
Dr Evil
You mean that htey are the same as mine and I can have all 6?! If they are a match, I am in! I'll PM you when I get home or sooner. smile.gif
Dr Evil
The plot thickens.....

The cylinder = Mahle
The piston = Mahle!

The guy who sold me the set sold me a piston that didnt fit right and I missed it mad.gif Grrrr
Dr Evil
Alright, purchased and should be shipping tomorrow. Thanks all, lets see how this goes smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.