Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stinkin Craigslist idiots!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Check out this guys add! http://salem.craigslist.org/car/533569950.html
SO I call him & am interested. Obviously it doesn't have late bumpers so I figure they are backdated. Seeing as how he has a 5-lug conversion with nice polished 16" Fuchs I figure the guy was into it & the bumpers make sense. So I call him to get more info. I ask him what engine it has. He says it's a 1.8 that runs great.

EXCEPT when it's starting or anywhere below 3k rpm. IT runs rough then until you hit over 3 then it smooths out confused24.gif . I ask if the paint is stock or has it been repainted. He says it was repainted black. I say it isn't black in your photo. He Says oh thats not my car. I just didn't have a picture so I threw that one on there. Car is plain stock with the fat rubber bumpers & 4-lug. headbang.gif

Pissed me off! I been trying to get ahold of this idiot for 3 days. Give a good description in your add. A simple the picture of the car is not mine. Just to give you an idea what it looks like. Maybe pointing out the difference's (like it isn't a 5-lug & it is black). You'd be better off putting no picture. Car may end up being nice but I've got 2 in similar shape. Anyway I hate misleading adds like this. Oh yeah & it's rust free. EXCEPT the battery tray & below it poke.gif
boostedte37
what a tool smash.gif
PeeGreen 914
I would think that fits into bait and switch. Kinda scarey if you ask me.
orange914
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 15 2008, 07:28 PM) *

Check out this guys add! http://salem.craigslist.org/car/533569950.html
I say it isn't black in your photo. He Says oh thats not my car. I just didn't have a picture so I threw that one on there. Car is plain stock with the fat rubber bumpers & 4-lug. headbang.gif

we can click the "miscatagorized" button on the upper right corner idea.gif

mike
computers4kids
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 15 2008, 07:28 PM) *

EXCEPT when it's starting or anywhere below 3k rpm. IT runs rough then until you hit over 3 then it smooths out confused24.gif . I ask if the paint is stock or has it been repainted. He says it was repainted black. I say it isn't black in your photo. He Says oh thats not my car. I just didn't have a picture so I threw that one on there. Car is plain stock with the fat rubber bumpers & 4-lug. headbang.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif You should have given hime a check for $500 more than asking price. And when the check bounces, and he calls you....you say "it wasn't my check...I just gave you that one because I didn't have one of my own with me."
Idiots
And of course...three days of salivating over a deal that was "just too good to be true."
Twystd1
Please stop making fun of Slits.

Fred
Chris Pincetich
That is a Craigslist Scammer. Don't hesitate to call them that directly. It can only educate the dumb@$$es that populate that site. From my experience, 80% of Craigslisters are fine, the other 20% are Scammers. Beware! beerchug.gif
JRust
I like yours Mark! I guess I should send him a check for twice the asking price. Then he could go cash it & give half of it to my representative who will arrange the shipping of it mad.gif .
Kid was just an idiot. I don't think he even realized what he did. I was to pissed on the phone so I sent him an email telling him to fix it & why. I expect it to be gone today. If not I will flag it for removal. Wanted him to get a chance to do it though.

Overall I love Craigslist & have got some killer deals. Guess you just have to wade thru all the crap to get them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.