Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: so who knows VW autosticks?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
i have a 68 autostick that pops over to my garage once and awhile.
we have checked its advance with a timing light, and dist. number and it appears to have a distributor from a same year manual trans VW in it. The difference being the manual trans dizzy is listed as giving 32-35deg advance while the Autostick does 24-28deg advance.

Anyone that "knows" care to comment on how appropriate this 32-35 deg. dizzy is in an autostick car? I've never owned one myself.

thanks,
b.
Cap'n Krusty
I don't think you'll really see Ny difference in the way the car drives, and it shouldn't hurt it, either. Ask yourself: "Where am I EVER gonna find the right distributor"?

Are you posting because there's a problem?

The Cap'n
brer
car has intermittent hesitation issues and he asked me to help him figure it out.
My first approach was to examine the distributor advance and check for vacuum leaks in the autostick hoses.

thanks for the help man.
Jake Raby
car has intermittent hesitation issues

Does it have a 34 pict 3 carb? :-)

michaelt55
good point....they did have some vacumn/leakage issues...
depends on the age of the carb whether or not its needs bushings for the butterfly shaft. It leaks air thru there too..also had a rep for clogged jets...

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 17 2008, 02:33 AM) *

car has intermittent hesitation issues

Does it have a 34 pict 3 carb? :-)

Jake Raby
Nasty hesitations are a characteristic of the 34 pict, typically reaming the pilot jet a tad or going to the next size idle jet will help more than anything

brer
Its still the stock carb.
Very low mileage car.

I'll let you know if replacing the hoses helps.

Its a hoot to drive.
driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.