Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuse board help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stateofidleness
so im climbin in to work on the steering wheel (grinds a little) and i swing by big ass size 13 in and knocked out a handful of the fuses... well i dont know where to put them back in at lol.. i guess they are all different, anyone help me out?
SirAndy
QUOTE(stateofidleness @ Jan 16 2008, 04:09 PM) *

so im climbin in to work on the steering wheel (grinds a little) and i swing by big ass size 13 in and knocked out a handful of the fuses... well i dont know where to put them back in at lol.. i guess they are all different, anyone help me out?

let's start with the oh-so-obvious:

what year is your car?
idea.gif Andy
stateofidleness
yes sir,
'73
Dave_Darling
Diagrams here:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...rical_fuses.htm

--DD
stateofidleness
'preciate the link Dave but can you help me decipher them lol
if you're looking at the fuse panel from the front, i knocked out 4 starting 3rd from the left... there were like 1 white fuse and 3 blue fuses that popped out and i dont know the correct amperage for each slot...
chris914
My car has had white ones in all the holders and never had a problem. Hmmm, should I be concerned?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 16 2008, 10:09 PM) *

hey dave, i just noticed that the diagram for the early fuseblock on pelican is incorrect! huh.gif

the correct fuse block description for early cars ('70 - '73) should be:

1 - 8A - High Beam Left
2 - 8A - High Beam Right
3 - 8A - Low Beam Left
4 - 8A - Low Beam Right
5 - 8A - Park Light Left
6 - 8A - Park Light Right
7 - 8A - License Plate Lights
8 - 25A - Brakelights, Blinker, Backup Light, Windshield Wiper, Cigarette Lighter
9 - 8A - Fresh Air Blower, Horn
10 - 8A - Fog Lights (optional)
11 - 8A - Interior Light, Emergency Flashers, Buzzer
12 - 25A - Motor for retracting Headlights

bye1.gif Andy
stateofidleness
thanks andy so much

im assuming in your list, 12 would be the far left if looking at it from the driver's seat?

i actually had one "25" labeled fuse fall out and the rest said 8 so it would make sense the way you labeled it.

Thanks!
SirAndy
QUOTE(stateofidleness @ Jan 17 2008, 04:23 PM) *

thanks andy so much

im assuming in your list, 12 would be the far left if looking at it from the driver's seat?

i actually had one "25" labeled fuse fall out and the rest said 8 so it would make sense the way you labeled it.

if i'm not mistaken, 1 is closest to the door and 12 is towards the center of the car ...
bye1.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.