Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 oil cap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tagtmeyer914
anybody know a good place to look for a new oil cap for a 914. if you are wondering why i need one these we will just say when i bought it the car had a grocery bag with a rubber band around it for an oil cap. by the way if it makes any difference it is a 74 1.8 stock engine.
McMark
I recommend the classifieds. wink.gif
Cap'n Krusty
It makes a HUGE difference. Does it have the original L-jetronic EFI? That's the one with the big airflow meter on the driver's side, and the air cleaner mounted on the bgody. If so, it takes a special oil filler cap, with TWO seals, one is an o-ring, the other a flat disc with a big hole in the middle. I "MAY" be able to come up with one in the next few days. Maybe. The Cap'n
tagtmeyer914
thanks for your input i did not know that. my car wasnt driven very long do you think any damage resulted from a plastic bag rubberband setup?
tagtmeyer914
it is stock l-jet
benalishhero
i would check the AA hardparts section of their catalog.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(tagtmeyer914 @ Jan 17 2008, 01:07 PM) *

thanks for your input i did not know that. my car wasnt driven very long do you think any damage resulted from a plastic bag rubberband setup?

It must have worked, because they won't run at all without a good air seal at the cap. The Cap'n
jesiv
I feel your pain! I have a 75 1.8, so if you have a 1.8 you have l-jet which means vacuum leaks are bad. If you have an l-let you should get the cap with the two rubber gaskets along with the o-ring for tube and the gasket for the base to ensure you don’t have a vacuum leak. When everything else is perfect this is your problem area or so they say.

Also, the lower o-ring that you will notice when you disassemble your oil filler tube is not on the PET diagrams but Rich has them. Just tell him you want the 1.8 o-ring that James got.

Getting the parts is actually easy. Call Rich Bontempi at High Performance House. He is contact info is:

HPHPORSCHE@aol.com
http://www.highperformancehouse.com/
650-364-6234

Rich knows about and has every part that you can possibly want usually both used and you would be surprised NOS as well.

Regards,

James
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.