Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rattle can wheel paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
My family owned FLAPS has a better paint section the most corperate stores. One of the things that they sell is wheel paint in rattle cans.

I have been planning on painting my 2.0 fuchs flat or satin black. Does this stuff work?

Zach
tdgray
I did my empi's with some of the FLAPS wheel paint.

I was pretty satisfied.

Should be a pic of mine in the link to my old car below.
jaybird840
I did the Duplicolor rattle can in flat black on my wheels. Fairly pleased with the results. Any gripes are probably related more to user error & impatience than the paint itself. $0.02
--Jaybird
jasons
I would order something from Eastwood. They have some good products in rattle cans. Or if you can buy SEM products off the shelf.
7TPorsh
I am using Rustoleum with a $3 Preval sprayer; FLAPS may have; Home Depo does.
elmonte
+ 1 on Eastwood wheel paint

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=...temType=PRODUCTClick to view attachment
Root_Werks
Rattle can satin finish is pretty close to the facotry finish. If you prep right, it should last a few years.

You can also still get actual Porsche alloy black paint in a can from the dealer. It's one of those "We don't sell those" until you pull out a part number. "Oh, looks like we have a couple on the shelf."

I forget what the part number is though. blink.gif
LowGT
I used duplicolor wheel paint and wheel clearcoat. Just prep it right and use multiple thin coats. I was very satisfied. It lasted about 4 years before it started chipping. I ran that car through automatic car washes with wheel scrubbers too.
jgara962
I used Duplicolor wheel paint last year on my repo Fuchs and was happy with the results.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.