Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another ebay screwball.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2452822456

1st....That ain't Delphi Green Metallic.....let the games begin.
Mueller
Mikey....

you need to learn how to READ

this car should be (L99A) Delphi Green Metallic

smile.gif

I like it, looks like a decent car.........
Gint
3rd time in 4-6 weeks for that car.
Joe Bob
I read it....he still thinks it might be that color....

He just kinda stuck on hisself being an auction house guy....
tod914
this car should be (L99A) Delphi Green Metallic, however, the car appears to be gold.
Air_Cooled_Nut
These cars, now classics, are getting more popular as they are inexpensive to maintain and/or restore

Huh, I guess that's true if you're used to working on Ferrarries huh.gif

These cars were known (according to the research I have done, again, I'm not an expert) to be produced in a "one-off" color and mis-tagged, so this could possibly be a very rare piece of history here!

First I've ever heard of this about any vehicle.

It looks okay.
SirAndy
- appears to have been hit in the right front.
- AC center console without the AC, could the front trunk be cut?
the holes in the rear fender for the AC-lines are still visible in one of the engine shots.
- rust in the rear trunk doesn't look good.
- rust around the door-jamb air vent usually comes from the INSIDE of the rear fender.
- rust in the front trunk
- no windshield washer bottle
- fresh air side vents in the dash are not hooked up.
- heater hose to front air blower missing
- rusty lug bolts ?

+ intermittend wiper relay laugh.gif

more tomorrow when i have access to photoshop to enhance some of the darker photos wink.gif

Andy
MJHanna
I only used 3 bottles of Armoral laugh.gif Can you tell blink.gif
Red-Beard
Where are the P-O-R-S-C-H-E letters on the engine grill?

Tires show it needs an alignment

The car definitely has been re-painted. The expansion tank has been repainted black, along with the gas tank.

I think I see daylight through the front firewall, left of the gas tank.

Weber conversion. That ain't gonna pass emmisions.

I HATE tits on the bumpers

However....

It looks like a decent car. I'm not sure I'd like a gold 914. That color says "DATSUN 280Z" to me. I'd want a PPI to look for rust in the usual places. Put a Dash cover on it for $79 and the interior would look really good. Fix the surface rust in the spots and repaint, replace the leaking trunk seal.

Does not seem like a bad car to me.
redshift
nonono You missed the really scary one..

BOO!

"Runs about 180 degrees but can get up to 200 on a hot summer day and even more if you're going uphill for long periods of time on a hot summer day. Could use a bigger radiator but is ok if you don't drive it too hard on a hot day. The foam along the top of the radiator is to seal it and keep any hot air from going around and back thru the radiator again. The metal shroud on the radiator is obviously home made and if you don't like it you can take it off and put the fan directly on the radiator. Top of radiator is held up by cables but better bracket can be made if you like. This was always good enough for me. The bottom is secured by a metal bracket. Fan turns on manually by a switch on the dash. Runs great in cold temps but can't go in the rain. The engine is exposed under the grill cover and the roof leaks anyway. That's why I took off the windshield wipers."

M
mikester
'73s don't have tits on the back - unless the bumpers been updated it's a '74.
Hi_Fi_Guy
This car has been on eBay MANY, MANY times. Being local I was tempted to go look just to see what's what but I think the pictures & description tell us all to stay very far away from this one.
boxstr
Missing screw on the between the seat tray. That breaks the deal.
CCLINALLTHEPEOPLEALLTHETIME
Doug73/2.0
Has anyone looked this ocar over in person?? I must admitt I'm tempted to bid, but anything that has been on e-bay many times sound scary for a first time newbie searching for a 914.
Thanks for any thoughts.
-Doug-
Joe Bob
If anyone is close....have them go look and make the guy an offer. He can always cancel the auction. OR...fly out there....Southwest is cheap and the weather is prolly better than where YOU are now..... blink.gif
boxsterfan
I haven't seen this car in person, but have met with the guy on a 1974 911S Targa (yellow) that I looked at about a month ago.

I could check this car for someone if they want (I'll take my camera). When I looked at the 911S, they told me this 914 was going up for auction at $3500 Reserve. Sounds like he wants to get rid of it with a NR auction.

All eBay ads from the auction house are always very lengthy in description (could be a + or - if you ask me).
Doug73/2.0
The weather is beautifull here...temperture wise it was a nice single digit morning, sunny and the salt is a lovely shade of off white on the roads.
Won't see a 914 out untill April :-) (if they are smart)
Thanks for the advice on the gold teener.
Doug
djm914-6
Well Doug,
I will be holding a gathering in the near future and hope to see a few cars. I will of course bring mine but then again, I won't hold the even too far from home. That's the privilage of organizing an event. Hope you can join us.

back on topic...
I love the wheels on the V8 car. They look like racing wheels! I bet the brakes run cool with out all that fresh hot air getting to them. Oh wait, my mistake. I see they cut the front trunk's inner fender so the radiator (uggg) can push air to the well isolated brakes.
Scott S
The V-8 car has a BUG SEAT in it!!!!!! You would have to be 5 feet tall and thinner than a super model to get into that sucker. huh.gif

Nice bungee cords............... ar15.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.