Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need to ship an engine from Oregon to Louisiana
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Hey guys I have sold a 2.0 engine to a guy in Louisiana. Putting it on a pallet & strapping it don is no problem. Never have shipped an engine. Not sure who to use? A rough idea on how much would be a help too.

If you've shipped an engine who did you use & how much was it? Thanks in advance pray.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 17 2008, 10:32 PM) *

Hey guys I have sold a 2.0 engine to a guy in Louisiana. Putting it on a pallet & strapping it don is no problem. Never have shipped an engine. Not sure who to use? A rough idea on how much would be a help too.

If you've shipped an engine who did you use & how much was it? Thanks in advance pray.gif

Damn it all...I can't remember who I used from DC to ABQ but it was about $300. You have to go dock to dock to get a decent rate IMO. That is what I did. If I can find who I used I will post it.
JRust
Wow that is more than I would have figured! I've got to find out today. Any idea what a 2.0 weighs?
rhodyguy
jamie, call casey nolte at freightquote.com. CALL, forget the website. 1-800-323-5441 ext#1232. he will walk you through the proceedure. if you type woes* and my name into the search there is a thread in the sandbox.

k
mudfoot76
I recently used FedEx Freight (not the 'regular' fedex) and it cost about $285.xx AND they came to my house and picked it up. I just had to strap it to a pallette.
I deal with freight lines a fair bit for work. Here are some names of freight lines we use and we ship a lot of larger items for less much less than the $300 mentioned earlier (although I'm sure we get a substantial discount)

Roadrunner/Dawes Freight - www.rdfs.com
Watkins Freight (owned by Fed-Ex now)
Daylight Transport - www.dylt.com
Service by Air is sometimes pretty reasonable

You might check with DHL. I can't remember their size limits though. MAKE SURE TO INSURE IT...things get damaged all the time also make sure the receiver inspects it BEFORE signing for it. If something is damaged in shipment and it gets signed for they wash their hands of it and won't even talk about a damage claim.

Terminal to terminal shipping is usually $30-$50 less expensive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.