Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice turbo 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
soloracer
Anyone know anything about the this company or the turbo 914's they show? How does one get a 3.1 turbo? Stroke a 3.0?

Clewett Engineering
rick 918-S
Love that rear trunk lid. aktion035.gif
redshift
The MSD 914 blows me away about 4% more, they are both very super cool.

I thought I read that the 3.1 in that car was a 3.3 de-stroked.

M
ChrisReale
That aint stock ohmy.gif boldblue.gif
ChrisReale
oh, yea... givemebeer.gif
aufaber
http://www.earlyapex.net/lemans/mvc241x.jpg

http://www.earlyapex.net/lemans/mvc240x.jpg

Thought it looked familier.
seanery
It IS a badassmofo. I asked him about it when I was over there one day. For some reason I think it was an SC motor originally, not a turbo motor. If I can remember more, I'll post it.
VegasRacer
Bad-Ass-MoFo
krk
Cool stuff!

Did he talk about turbo-lag at all? I ask only because when you look at the length of some of the pipes involved, they seem pretty long. On a stock turbo, the turbo is pretty tight to the engine, and the pipe from the compressor side is fairly short to the intercooler, and the intercooler practically bolts on to the intake manifold.

It would also be interesting to hear about inlet and outlet temperatures to see how effective the intercooler is back there.

kim.
seanery
I sent Richard an email and invited him to join the club today. Maybe we'll see him sometime soon!
TimT
Rich Clewett sells Electromotive Tec enginemanagement, and ignitons amongst other things. Ive only bought stuff from him and talked to him on the phone (since Im on the other coast). But he is really helpful and knowledgable... I think thats his personal 914
seanery
yes, it is his personal car.
Britain Smith
I am pretty sure the he is not worried too much about turbo lag in that car. Since the car is primarily used on the track, once the turbo is spooled up then the effects of turbo lag are negligable since it is basically always on full boost. If this was a daily driver street car, you could be waiting a while at the light while the turbo catchs up to the gas pedal.

-Britain
iamchappy
Ya but when it comes on I bet it's worth the wait. A turbo is what I plan on installing in my 914 3.0 .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.