Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: San Diego, Riverside County Sound Off.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Twise
I think it would be nice to meet some of the 914 freaks in my area - I would like to plan a flesh roast or local drive, but I dont know my neighbors. Drop a hey whats up in this thread so I can have a better idea of who is who. Plus I may need some help re-wiring the beast soon. I kinda forgot to mark some wires when pulling the dash apart...

Anyway - I would like to have a better idea of who is in my neck of the woods. I know there are soem of you up in Riverside - And a guy in vista. Hell I may already know some of you...

So sound off - So's I can make a list...
siverson
Sure - it would be fun to meet up with some San Diego folks. Why are the 914 events always "way up north" (i.e. LA, Riverside, etc)...

-Steve
Twise
Yea - Arizona, Seattle...

Added you to my contacts siverson - when we get some more locals in here we can plan some 914 bonding time.

Nice car by the way...
type47fan
Sounds good to me! We're overdue for some work party flesh roasts. I'm in convenient coastal Carlsbad. Where in the SD area are you?
jim_hoyland
Set a date and people will come
Twise
I live in Temecula, but work in Escondido. I went to San Marcos Elementary, Junior and High School. My family owns and operates European Auto Body in the Autopark in Escondido - We specialize in Porsche, Bmw and Mercedes. 28 years in business - same location. Alright - threes company - any more SD, North County or South Riverside locals out there?
bdstone914
Riverside here. with 2 runners and...... 7 parts cars. smile.gif
arvcube
I'm in Poway and new to 914s....been wanting to meet up with some local 914 folks...i have lots to learn! =)
chris914
There’s usually a number of 914’s at the PCA San Diego Region autocross.

Jan. 26 West Lot
Feb. 10 West Lot

There is always free soda and a lunch truck smile.gif
sean_v8_914
we run em hard down south here. SD PCA AX has a strong 914 contingent. we have 7 regulars and 10 plus when teh sun shines. I volunteer my new digs. every thursday night "san diego locals" VW club meets next door to my place . i propose we highjack a thursday. we could go hit Lyons valley rd driving-girl.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif
sean_v8_914
xcb
sean_v8_914
OK Mr instigator, lets get something started. I posted on the 914 club about this. Lets have a 914 eclipse

it reads:
There are rumblings on the new 914 site about an SD shindig so i got to thinking about the next full moon. Jan 25th is the next full moon. The San Diego Locals VW club meets every Thursday after 6pm in the shop next to mine. Lets hijack the VW Thursday with the Bark at the moon 914. They are a bunch of air cooled nuts like us. I think the vibes would be good and it would add some variety to both our evenings
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=74362
sean_v8_914
last night we had a nice fire going; kindling the flames of debate. is it a VW or are they all just Porsches. I bet we could get 20 cars out here> I might even post on the PCA site
Twise
Won't have my 914 by the 25th - But I am sure I could find something aircooled to drive!!! Sounds like a plan man, throw down the details...
sean_v8_914
we need a date that the most amount of peeps will come down
maybe do the firday 25th
arvcube
I'll be outta town for three weeks starting saturday. I could roll by thursday the 24th or friday the 25th.....exhaust leak n all!!
brer
hey, I'm in Uptown SD. If you are ever in the area on the weekend you're welcome to get in touch. I've also got some pals with shops and machines. (Hi Sean smile.gif )

working under the frog today.
scrape scrape.
tango-52
I'm in Lemon Grove. I have a '73 and my son has a '75 (just picked it up yesterday). Social calendar is pretty fluid, so can't commit yet.
sean_v8_914
there are alot of San Diego 914 guys lurking. i am very surprised at the low level of responses here. the LA crowd is tight. those guys sure can throw a 914 party. they are my inspiration

Hi guys!
Twise
Okay Friday The 25th sounds good - Sean you wanna make it an official thread? Maybe if we all meet - we can make this a more consistent thing. Anyway - bump...
PThompson509
Howdy!

I live not too far from Sean, and would love to join the crew. However, I have a previous date that night. headbang.gif I'll still try to bother Sean on thursday night tho.

Cheers,
Peter

QUOTE(Twise @ Jan 21 2008, 11:37 AM) *

Okay Friday The 25th sounds good - Sean you wanna make it an officila thread? Maybe if we all meet - we can make this a more consistent thing. Anyway - bump...

Twise
arvcube
bdstone914
brer
chris914
jim_hoyland
sean_v8_914
siverson
tango-52
type47fan
PThompson509

10 guys - Thats it?

11 including myself - cmon chime in if you live in the immediate area.
jim_hoyland
I'M good for Sat's and Sun's; Fridays are a stretch due to work
sean_v8_914
perhaps we should push teh date out a few weeks to allow peeps to better plan for it.
11 cars is good. perhaps a few of my non BBS browsing 914 customers will come by. at least 2 more might come
brer
Hey Sean, just do it friday.... or saturday.
There can be another in a couple weeks.

beer3.gif

I'd like to see your schop.
Mugs914
Oh man, leave home for the weekend and you miss all kinds of things!

Add me to the list. Not sure if i can make it Friday, but I'll give it a try. We need to be a bit more active down here...

Nice place Sean! Need more details...

sean_v8_914
I think we will be building custom racing Alfas wink.gif
what do ya'll think about THURSDAY. thats when teh VWs meet
Twise
arvcube
bdstone914
brer
chris914
jim_hoyland
Mugs914
PThompson509
sean_v8_914
siverson
tango-52
type47fan
twise

Thats 12 - Look at this thread go...

Sean - Thursday is fine for me - gotta drop off some stuff at OB Upholstery anyway. I will plan on dropping it off on Thursday - that puts me in your neck of the woods. Drop the address in here. What time? 914 not running yet, was gonna bring 87 930, but probably just bring truck. We can do the next one at my place here in Escondido... Should we plan on getting some pizzas and beers or BBQ - or just BYO. Its your party man. I am looking forward to meeting all of you guys.
siverson
Yes, Thursday works for me and it would be fun to see some other cars...

-Steve
brer
thurs is cool
SirAndy
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 18 2008, 06:45 PM) *

then why is it you only have 1 VIN entered in our database???
slap.gif Andy
SLITS
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 22 2008, 12:23 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 18 2008, 06:45 PM) *

then why is it you only have 1 VIN entered in our database???
slap.gif Andy

Uh Oh .... The mohawked booted Kraut is getting testy. Ya better update those VINS or face his breath wrath.

Hi Andy biggrin.gif

Sorry germs ..... SD is a bridge to far on Thursday or Friday
brer
If anyone is going by Santa Ana let me know.
a bumper there I would like. Will buy many burritos as thanks.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(brer @ Jan 22 2008, 12:58 PM) *

If anyone is going by Santa Ana let me know.
a bumper there I would like. Will buy many burritos as thanks.

brer

I'm heading down to La mesa on thursday, where is the bumper?

Twise
Got an email from davep withe all members known to live in Riverside and San Diego Counties. Asked for his help in PM'ing them all. More The Merrier...

Here is the list - If you recognize someone - ring their bell...

Riverside guys:
osalewally
jetboy
rekphiv
MXMARK
DrifterJay
chilipepper914
Brando
Duffster
a914luvr
bdstone914
bobo914
vincesix

San Diego guys:
dbelleperc
MZM
sean_v8_914
tbil
mr.alagar
RJdiego
zenvette
blink914
toomeywave
RJASD
dcicchetto914
914Again
Mockmaw
Dr. Evil
stephen.zodrow
mike373
PThompson509
Brad Roberts
DonTraver
rcrgrl
Fyrmdk914
old JohnnyX
cbenitah
Cruzing
lostmybaby
petera
parkgts
vduran
ethan
Tweb
bestdealproducts
SD914
3.6 teener
stanley
Cloudbuster
busaslidr
rickrodod
Rods914
Mission Beach
Vezna31
richard
JohnM
enc-usn
Boldylocks
hmeeder
Jeff Bonanno
brer
siverson
Mateo
slivel
meursault
grasshopper914
bens9146
Sandog
Gsimion

If Dave cannot send out a mass message - maybe someone can help me PM all these guys. Any volunteers.???
tango-52
Thursdays are no good for me for the next three weeks (youngest son is wrestling for Steele Canyon HS, oldest son is a coach). This Friday is my oldest son's 21st birthday, so he and I will be occupied! Looking forward to next time. Seems to be a lot of San Diego people.
Brando
I'm no longer in the Riverslime group, now with the OC "fellas". Might be able to do the 26th (sat).
arvcube
so what day is it gonna be? Hopefully its not gonna rain.
will
I am in rancho cucamonga. just want to say hello. not sure if I will be able to make it. happy driving.
EVILGENIUS13
I live in Lemon Grove. Too bad i work at night. sad.gif
Twystd1
OK... I'm stumped.

What day and what time...??????

If'n i'm not going to worky.....
I would be pleased as punch to hang out with you fellas.

I would luv to see Brer and Mugs at the same time as well.
These are a couple of talented guys that I would like to spend more time with.

I'll keep looking at this thread until Y'all nail down a date and time.

Oh.. Before I forget. Is furry, tiger striped, thong underwear advisable at this gig.?????
(Skline was wanting me to ask. He bashful ya know)

Cheers and good to vibes to you all.

Claytonobitch
Twise
Sean?? You there man? Are we doin this? I say rain or shine - we call it BYO and just meet up at sean's place. At least we could all meet and decide if we even like each other. I may not like none of you bastards, sell my car and join an import tuner club. You pompous porsche people. Anyway, I am down - as I said, I will be down there anyway. Sean we need an address...

EDIT______

Got Seans address off the 914club site - Anyone wanna maybe call him and ask if we are meeting there tomorrow night?

6233 University Ave
San Diego Ca 92115
sean_v8_914
TONIGHT!!! I'll kick it at teh shop with the VEE DUB guys. all 914s are welcome. they meet every thurs after 6

I would like to plan a future 914 gathering and try to fill the lot with 914s
sean_v8_914
6233 university ave
san diego ca 92115

around teh back
sean_v8_914
I would like to come up with a future date that will not conflict with teh local AX weekend and be good for most teeners to show

first question: weekend or week?
second : day or night, after work?
how much lead time for max attendance?
Mugs914
Well, right now I'm pushing 101 deg. fever, so I'm afraid I'm out for tonight. mad.gif

Weekend or weekday. I can do either, though weeknights tend to get busy sometimes.

Weekday would have to be an evening for me unless we wanted to meet up at my shop for a lunch 'que sometime.

With busy schedules the more lead time the better, obviously. For me, a couple of weeks is usually fine.

Since this thread started I've been giving some thought to things we could do. Just to throw out a few ideas:

A once-a-month, mid week flesh roast. You know, "First Wednesday of the month at so-and-so's..." It could be at the same place every time or it could move from place to place.

During the summer there is a Rod Run just about every night somhwere in the county. I think La Mesa is on Wednesday, El Cajon on Thursday and Escondido on Friday. Checking with the local organizers will usually get you a designated parking area if you have enough cars.

Wrenching days at various places, my place, Sean's place, whoever else would like to host it.

Meet somewhere for coffee and donuts and head out into the back roads. We have A LOT of great roads to drive around here!

Any thoughts?
brer
I'll be there tonight. Sorry you're not making it muggs as I thought you'd like to see our latest work.

My place has a large backyard, a jack and some tools for attending to ailing guests, and a bbq for a later date. Say, 3 weeks out?

6pm or so tonight then.
sean_v8_914
the frog, although in pcs, is looking sweet. that cnc head was nice to see also

Mikes place might be more central to more members but I have more 914s, HA

I like mikes idea of teh summer cruise nites. How sweet would it be if 10-15 914s raided teh El Cajon cruise night.
arvcube
I will be there....in the yurine yellow car with the loud exhaust leak. Hopefully it doesn't rain...
brer
SoCal 914 owners are scared of water. biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.