Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clamshells
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdgray
Well after a weekend of disassembly I have come to the conclusion that I am completely crazy now.

My floorpans have more holes than swiss cheese and my feeling that the outers were not good was correct. Floorpans no problem a little chopping and some welding poof done. welder.gif

The outers though another story.

Has anyone had more experience with Restoration Designs Clamshells that could give me the in's and out's? Seems like a great product.

Thanks,

Todd

1960 MGA
1973 914 1.7L
Red-Beard
Mine are supposed to ship this week.
drew365
I installed one on the right side. It fit very well. I drilled holes in it to weld it tight to the good sections of my old long. Though I braced and leveled the car while installing it, we had trouble getting any negative camber on that side after installation. So the car will be going under the knife and welder again in the near future. welder.gif
Joe Bob
I have the factory stiffening kit and have clam shelled the swing arms....

The arms need to be done in a jig to keep them from tweaking.....

The welds need to be cleaned and primered....the siffening kit that was on Blondie was left to the elements and I spent HOURS cleaning off rust and priming.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.