Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stalling
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
My car still stalls, did it twice last night.

It flutters all of a sudden at idle, and falls off instantly dead. It starts hard after that, sometimes taking a couple minutes.

When it's failing, I smell plenty of gas. smile.gif The lights remain bright, not a global electrical puzzle.

This happens warm, not a specific heat range that I know of, I could not get the CHT to fail on a meter, 4 trys, thru 45 minutes of cooling. I don't think it's the trouble.

Any thoughts. Temporary ignition system failure? How can I safely check.

Thanks.

M
redshift
In case...

Euro 2.0
Djet
stock
plugs look nice
everything is clean and grounded (IGNITION SYSTEM NOT CHECKED)
continuity across the harness as far as I can tell (checked)
CHT appears in working order
Fuel system appears to be in fine order
redshift
Still haven't found anything to fix.

I had hair when I bought this car, one of them is going to be leaving this place very soon.

smile.gif

Good thing I am a laid back individual.

M
eldiosyeldiablo
Hey Red where are you located at? I saw one of your other postings say something about the Savanah river.
redshift
Yeah man, I am in clover.gif Savannah. I'm originally from Augusta, I can't get away from this river, hence the atomic nuke.gif green bile that spews forth from whence I go.

I hate it here.

M
redshift
I think my stalling trouble must be in the ignition, anyone want to argue that?

smile.gif

As long as I catch it wobbling and about to die, it just requires little throttle taps to keep it running... but it seems like the combustion just collapses.. plenty of gas, cause that bad boy floods trying to start *if* it does die.

M
redshift
Ok! Nobody knows..

smile.gif

It runs like a hot monkey to a frozen jockstrap... just the stalling for no apparent reason..

Lie to me!

M
JeffBowlsby
If its too rich...

Erratically leaking injector or CSV?

Failing dizzy weights?

Bad ECU?
redshift
I have the factory manuals, but I don't really understand what I am looking at, I think it's the black and white pictures.. smile.gif

I am hoping it's in the points, or other ignition related parts, for my sanity.

I need to know what to check when it happens... I can't tell when that will be.

Advice?

M
Bruce Allert
2 things came to mind while reading the thread at the beginning & then I got down to Bowlsbys answer. His were what I was thinking also... the CSV or a leaky inj. I had a problem that sounds like this so I pulled the injectors & cleaned them. Also pulled the CSV & did the same. Don't know which was the culprit but one of them was beer.gif Later I installed Pertronix, CHT and TPS which really made a world of difference smile.gif

..........b
ChrisReale
Miles, go to ebay, and win this auction. might help your car and you understand one another.
edit: I deleated it because it was pretty gross
redshift
I am going to do some new things in the morning, I hope I can run this down, it's annoying.

Thanks guys, as always, except you, Chris.

M
ChrisReale
QUOTE(redshift @ Jan 7 2004, 10:37 PM)
Thanks guys, as always, except you, Chris.

Remember, IPB Image
redshift
Looks like a Sprite flavored tampon commercial.

M
Jeffs9146
Is it a 2.0? Check the head temp sensor!?

Jeff
redshift
I did, I can't get it to fail on a meter.

I do know how to get a ragin' backache from leaning into the engine bay!

smile.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.