Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You can't twin turbo a 914...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
And I'll bet it makes LESS power than it would with a single, properly designed turbo.

rhodyguy
i'd like to hear that car @ wot.

k
Jake Raby
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 19 2008, 08:43 AM) *

i'd like to hear that car @ wot.

k

You'd probably hear the head leaks from a mile away. PROPERLY designing a TIV for Turbo is no laughing matter. The base foundation/design doesn't offer much at all that favors boosted cylinder pressures.
degreeoff
Not to mention its bass ackwards.......
Dr Evil
Its still pretty smile.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 19 2008, 08:36 AM) *

agree.gif Does look nice...
Jake Raby
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 19 2008, 09:36 AM) *

Sorry..

That don't count.
scotty b
Just curious Jake. WHen turboing a type 4 can stock 914 pistons be used or dished bus? OR does it require alterd aftermarket? I don't want to do this. Just curious. smile.gif
Jake Raby
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 19 2008, 10:21 AM) *

Just curious Jake. WHen turboing a type 4 can stock 914 pistons be used or dished bus? OR does it require alterd aftermarket? I don't want to do this. Just curious. smile.gif

Stock pistons are good for about 7-8 PSI, if you don't stay on boost long.

the pistons are considered the least of one's worries.

keeping that boost within the confines of the combustion chamber is everything.. If it finds a patyh to the atmosphere it'll cut a trench that looks like a cutting torch did it in a matter of seconds...
GeorgeRud
Not to try to hijack the thread, but there is mention of a turbocharged Porsche 914-6 prototype in the book, Porsche 911 -perfection by design by Randy Leffingwell.

Has anyone ever seen pictures or knows anything of that car? In all these years, this was the first I had ever heard of it. I don't believe that even Porsche - Excellence was Expected (ie the Bible) has mention of this car (if it actually exists).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.