Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Position Switch Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mdwman
I believe I have been experiencing the classic "bucking" symptom lately and want to try to clean my TPS. Can anyone offer a step by step guide for removing it? It looks like I'll need to disconnect throttle cable and springs, remove the whole throttle body assembly, then unscrew it from the bottom. Does that sound right? I have read the PP article on adjusting it but there is no info there on getting to it. This car is a '73 1.7L with the stock djet.

Thanks for any help.
type47
what you've said looks right to me, i haven't done a 1.7 but have done a 1.8 and 2.0 so they are "similar". the only thing i can see to add is the screws that you loosen for the adjustment also hold on the black piece that the wiring connects to.
McMark
You're on the right track. Gotta pull the throttle body off. Careful on the 1.7 because the rubber seal there is NLA and you can't get replacements.
mdwman
The Haynes manual says not to disconnect the cable or the hose. If I just remove the screws on either side of the throttle body, is it loose except for the cable and hose connections? Can I then rotate the body and pull the switch off from...underneath? Thanks, I just can't seem to visualize this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.