Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting tail dragger on E-bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47
interesting! i've seen this car in the DC area at some event(s) and didn't know what it was. susan miller is the author of a porsche book and i saw her a couple of times, maybe at Hershey. she was definately driving a 911L. how many GT3's could i buy for 300k?
scotty b
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 20 2008, 09:05 AM) *

interesting! i've seen this car in the DC area at some event(s) and didn't know what it was. susan miller is the author of a porsche book and i saw her a couple of times, maybe at Hershey. she was definately driving a 911L. how many GT3's could i buy for 300k?

idea.gif 2 av-943.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-911...1QQcmdZViewItem
GWN7
Wonder what they mean by " Airport Gear Set " ?
type47
the sebring rack course in FL is located on an old airport. one of the runways is part of the course. maybe it's a nickname for the gear set.... idea.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Short gearing. Been called that since the 356 days, when there were a lot of road courses set up on old airports, as opposed to long purpose built road courses (Like Mid Ohio, Road America, Watkins Glen, Riverside, Laguna Seca, and Bridgehampton).

You could, at one time, literally build a whole gearbox of 2nd gears, all different.

The Cap'n
bandjoey
It's so simple. Right under the 'make an offer' button, note "Get Easy Payments Here" Anyone can afford this car.
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif blink.gif Maybe if I sold my house confused24.gif Sweet car though.
davep
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 20 2008, 09:05 AM) *

susan miller is the author of a porsche book and i saw her a couple of times, maybe at Hershey. she was definately driving a 911L.

Is this the same Susann C Miller? Susann with the double nn? She wrote a book about 356 literature way back when. I met her at Watkins Glen just when the 944 came out.
That 45 miles is very low for having been driven at Daytona, and vintage racing. I'm sure I could put 45 miles on in 40 years just moving it from garage to trailer and back. You used to get that many miles on a brand new showroom car. I found my way to the factory by following a group of Boxsters back during their shakedown run.
jonferns
It's so simple. Right under the 'make an offer' button, note "Get Easy Payments Here" Anyone can afford this car.

anyone need a PPI? im local av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.