Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JWest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
James,
Here is the first attemp. Any ideas, comments, suggestions?
on black.
seanery
same one on white
seanery
asdf
JWest
I think 13 first choice, 15 second.
seanery
Here are color variations on Version 3.

VER 3
seanery
VER 3-2
seanery
VER 3a
seanery
VER 3b
seanery
VER 3b2
Pnambic
I like the Signal Orange one, but I may be biased. smile.gif
seanery
its supposed to be gold blink.gif
JWest
I like it! I like ALL the colors really.

How would you recommend integrating it into my website? Meaning I don't think the white rectangle really works.
seanery
Let me play with that part a bit. I like the ovals for some reason so I'll try an oval or two, or some other options.
I'll put em up and you give me input, cool?
JWest
Of course that's cool! I like ovals too, I think that might work.
seanery
same ones on a whitish oval.

VER 3 oval
seanery
VER 3-2 oval
seanery
Ver 3a oval
seanery
ver 3b oval
seanery
ver 3b-2
seanery
Ver 3-2 reflect

This one has a sublte reflection in it. I can do it on the others if you like it.
JWest
Can you make the background (behind the oval) transparent on 3b? My Photoshop skills just touch the tip of the iceburg, and I had trouble with that one.
Pnambic
Ya know, those oval ones would make really nice keychains too.

Mr. Adams, I say lose the big arching checker gif across the top. Then the ver3-2 reflect would look really nice up top.

Click here to look at the rectangle one on top of the main page. I didn't have time to really clean up the transparent part of the oval one.
Then you could tweak the font colors to match the emblem a little more closely....touch up the spacing a little...it'll look nice!
seanery
here is a png
seanery
well, that was supposed to be transparent.

I'm not too up on png's. Anyone offer a little help.
I'd rather not have to revert to gif's.
seanery
hmm...let's try this. Powerpoint see's the transparency.
Jeroen
I just tried it too...
No go, so I deleted unsure.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
do you think the soft shadow is tricking it?

what's wierd is that Powerpoint sees it ok. confused24.gif
Part Pricer
Everything I tried except a browser worked OK. I had to convert it to an Optimized Gif for the transparency to work.
seanery
I was trying to stay away from a gif, i don't like indexed color.
seanery
does anyone have any png's that work they could post?
Part Pricer
How's this?

IPB Image
seanery
thanks paul sad.gif
Jeroen
Try one without the shade behind the oval

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
i tried that, didn't help.

Anyone know of another app to try?
If it can open a targa or psd and save to png it should work ok.

thanks
sean
JWest
How about if I just convert the background to blue to match the page background? I'll have to do it tomorrow as I can pick the color by number in the Photoshop I have at work (can't do it in my old version at home).

Sorry this is such a pain, Sean. headbang.gif

I hope to make it worth it, though. smile.gif
Pnambic
Maybe use flash for his website? Macromedia Fireworks MX allows me to convert it to and from PSD and PNG, but I can't get anything but the GIF to show the transparency correctly and that kills the beautiful detail of the image.

Lemme try posting it with the matching background color...
If you follow the link from my earlier post, I put the oval pic up top now. Whadaya think?
seanery
James,

I'll get it figured out, but for now here it is like the one Dan posted, but with less compression.
750 wide
seanery
500 wide
seanery
400 wide
seanery
I'll get you a whole package of images and AI/EPS files to use for print & web/video.

If you like all colors I'll do versions for each. I WILL figure out the dogon transparency issue.
JWest
What do you think of this? I like it!

test page
seanery
I like it.
cha914
Sean,

What are you using to create these logos? I need to create a few, and am having a hard time getting them into the computer. I have several free hand drawings that I want to make digital. They arn't good enough to scan in, and I am having a hard time getting the look I want starting with scratch in photoshop

Thanks,

Tony

PS - James...looking good...one day I will buy a shifter, but I gotta put some miles on this car first tongue.gif
seanery
I pretty much use photoshop exclusively. I've got an old dos app that I need to get running. It does some things I like but can't do in Photoshop. Maybe I need to build a dos or win98 box.
cha914
Where are you getting the different fronts from? My main issue is making the text look good in the pics.

Thanks,

Tony
seanery
I've just accumulate fonts over the years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.