Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ot BIG breezes from the north. CRACK, CRACK
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
ZOIKS!!! strong north winds out of canada. ROARING gusts. one of the big cedars that had divided into 2 tops about 80ft up split and one of them came down last week. we just finished cleaning up the mess today. the other one came down about 15 minutes ago. brought down a big, BIG snag and split the snag in 2. 1/2 of it just brushed the side of the roof but shook the hell out of the house. the BIG piece went straight for the shed. again, a close incounter. the 20" homelite isn't gonna be up to the task for this mess. i don't need anymore firewood. looks to be a long night. pictures when the camera comes home. a few rhodys took big hits.

k

KELTY360
Man, I hate big winds with big trees all around. Glad you're safe and didn't sustain major damage. Strange, it's been calm here all day.

sawzall-smiley.gif
Ferg
Yikes glad you and the house are ok blink.gif

Ferg
effutuo101
That sucks! Not so much wind on the north side of town. Glad you are all ok.
C
championgt1
That was some pretty good wind last night. We had a few good size branches come down, but nothing major. Glad to hear you made it out fairly unscathed.
Gary
Sheesh K,

I must be a sound sleeper. Awoke to a beautiful PNW morning.

More feedings for the chipper.

G.
boxstr
GADZOIUKS!!!! It blew like the dickins here last night. Lots of big tall palm trees all around.The only damage was a few grapefruits and oranges fell out of the trees. They are on there way to the juicer.
Craig C. Laughlin
Phoenix914
Glad it missed your house. I had a similar close call about six years ago. A big maple next to my patio split in half. It fell right across the driveway, right where I usually parked my truck. Luckily, nobody was home at the time. Of course a new truck would have been nice.
Solo914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 20 2008, 09:34 PM) *

ZOIKS!!! strong north winds out of canada. ROARING gusts. one of the big cedars that had divided into 2 tops about 80ft up split and one of them came down last week. we just finished cleaning up the mess today. the other one came down about 15 minutes ago. brought down a big, BIG snag and split the snag in 2. 1/2 of it just brushed the side of the roof but shook the hell out of the house. the BIG piece went straight for the shed. again, a close incounter. the 20" homelite isn't gonna be up to the task for this mess. i don't need anymore firewood. looks to be a long night. pictures when the camera comes home. a few rhodys took big hits.

k

Funny timing, We are having 6 trees removed today at our house..... man it is a cold PNW morning.

Kyle
LS6/914
Glad your OK K, Now that Iam living pretty much full time at the shjop in Port Townsend I carry a chain saw in the van. I came out last week at 4 OH DARK THIRTY. Only to find two big cedars across the access road. Went back for the saw and my neighbor brought his excavator down the horse trail and made quick work of the trees. Larry
alpha434
I grew up in the mountains here in colorado. I used to hear strange cracking sounds in the middle of the night. MY parents thought I was nutty. But a forest ranger told me it's trees falling or sometimes exploding in the cold weather.

Sorry that you're too close to the action!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Solo914 @ Jan 21 2008, 11:51 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 20 2008, 09:34 PM) *

k

Funny timing, We are having 6 trees removed today at our house..... man it is a cold PNW morning.

Kyle

Hey Kyle biggrin.gif Ready for AX to start back up? Didn't see you at the last few events of last year.
pete-stevers
sure blame it on canada.....

ok
there was a slight breeze last nite, wilst i was out in the hot tub
but not a knock down tree breezie breeze
Bleyseng
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jan 21 2008, 10:16 PM) *

sure blame it on canada.....

ok
there was a slight breeze last nite, wilst i was out in the hot tub
but not a knock down tree breezie breeze

That breeze had a long ways to build up some steam by the time it got to Kevin's house!

I was just coming outta of a eatin spot in Chinatown last nite when "BOOM!" transformer blew and it went DARK!!...everyone piled out onto the streets in the pitch black to stand around in 28F weather...

We walked back to the car to head home where there ain't no treeses near the house.
Solo914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 21 2008, 08:38 PM) *

Hey Kyle biggrin.gif Ready for AX to start back up? Didn't see you at the last few events of last year.

Hey Jon,
Yeah, Can't wait. Last year was crazy because I started road racing a little and also went to Kansas for Scca Solo2 Nationals. This year I am planning to road race more but spend more time with PCA autox. That means I need to work on my 914 so I can keep up with your car. Lotsa work! Hmm, should I go P2 or GTU....... idea.gif

Kyle
PeeGreen 914
GTU biggrin.gif Need more competition wink.gif The road racing sounds cool. I will need to chat with you about that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.