Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In search of original 914-6 hardline
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BigD9146gt
Hello all,

For those of you who don't know me, I make the DWDesignWerks aluminum 914-6 oil tanks. I'm in search of an original 914-6 "oil return" hardline to copy, I'll pay for shipping both ways and send it back to you the next day... as well as send you a reproduction (mandrel bent, metric spec fittings) once they are done. I usually work about 14hrs a day, and I rarely get a chance to check these postings... so if you could please respond via email it would be much appreciated. Don@DWDesignWerks.com.

Cheers,
Don Welch
DWDeisgnWerks
rudedude
Don,
I tried your email and was rejected.
I think I have one on the shelf if you need.
Let me know.
Jule
Jeffs9146
Me Too! confused24.gif

I tried your email and was rejected.
sww914
I'll call him and tell him to check this thread.
BigD9146gt
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jan 21 2008, 10:18 AM) *

I'll call him and tell him to check this thread.

Thanks Steve, just got it.

Jeff, I received your email but not Jules... so i'm not sure whats going on. Jules, you responded first, so if its ready to ship, I would rather keep Jeff from going through the hassle of removing his.

Again, thank you both for the timely response.
Jeffs9146
No problem Don! I am pulling everything out anyway for a complete restoration so let me know if you still need it. I can pull it out tonight and since I am in California UPS Ground would have it to you by Wednesday!
jim912928
Don, I bought one of your tanks (great item!) and am still collecting parts to start my conversion this spring. I WILL BUY ONE OF YOUR OIL LINE KITS...put me first in line if it will be available this spring!
SLITS
Be aware (unless I did something wrong on my conversion) that the hardline will not fit if you use the RJ or Maddog bulkhead mount.
sww914
I think Don has an RJ mount on his car, he might have a trick up his sleeve?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 21 2008, 06:26 PM) *

Be aware (unless I did something wrong on my conversion) that the hardline will not fit if you use the RJ or Maddog bulkhead mount.

That is completely true. I put a factory 914/6 hardline on my car, and it would not clear the Rich Johnson mount. I called Rich, and he looked at it. No Bueno. To use a factory hard line with an RJ mount would require hacking up the mount to the point of causing structural problems.

There is a Porsche flex line from (I think) a 930 that replaces the factory hard line perfectly.
dfwteenerpr
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 22 2008, 06:18 AM) *

There is a Porsche flex line from (I think) a 930 that replaces the factory hard line perfectly.

I need one of those... any body have one?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(dfwteenerpr @ Jan 22 2008, 12:11 PM) *

Call Zims. They should have them in stock. You can go pick it up today.
Jeffs9146
Don,

It will be at your place on Thursday! Let me know if you want the tracking #.
BigD9146gt
QUOTE(dfwteenerpr @ Jan 22 2008, 10:11 AM) *

GPR makes the flex line substitute for the 914-6. (800)321-5432, talk to Derek.
sixnotfour

70-71 911
Jeffs9146
OK, I got it back today Don! Thanks for the quick turn around! I can't wait to see what you end up with! popcorn[1].gif
jim912928
Don...will this work with a six conversion with the RJ mount?
Jeffs9146
That is completely true. I put a factory 914/6 hardline on my car, and it would not clear the Rich Johnson mount. I called Rich, and he looked at it. No Bueno. To use a factory hard line with an RJ mount would require hacking up the mount to the point of causing structural problems.

As stated above, the line will not work with the RJ mount!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.