Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side shifter linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SteveSr
Ok,I got my V6 bolted into the 914's engine bay after some minor cutting and welding over the Christmas break, boldblue.gif so how do I hook up the side shifter shift linkage?
The place where my old tail shifter tube came out of the fire wall looks different than a later model car. confused24.gif

Steve
Bleyseng
You need the firewall adapter bushings AND the whole shifter rod and pieces from a later car. All the parts are needed to fit and adapt a early car to the later side shifter tranny. If you just have the side shift tranny and nothing else it won't work.
SteveSr
I have the shifter,the shiftrod that's in the tunnel and the tube from the firewall back to the trans......
Bleyseng
Ok put all the new shifter parts in the tunnel and then hook up the shift rod to the tranny. If you don't have the firewall adapter bushing the shift rod in the tunnel will flop around.
G
GaroldShaffer
Steve if you need to see a hook up in person you are
more than welcome to stop by and check it out on my
71 parts car. It has a sideshift trans plus I have the car
up on my lift, or I can post some pics if you wish?? Let
me know.

- Garold
SteveSr
Thanks for the info,I have that blowup of all the shifter parts in my manual but I don't see the bushing it self. Does anyone have a picture of the bushing?
I could probably make one here at work.

Garold,thanks for the offer,I just may do that.
What kind of lift do you have?

Steve
Bleyseng
Buy it from PP or GPR.
GaroldShaffer
What kind of lift do you have?

Kwiklift - this is the parts car on it with the sideshift trans.
SteveSr
Wow! is that car bending in the middle?

Steve
Bleyseng
Looks kinda rusty......
GaroldShaffer
Wow! is that car bending in the middle?

A yup, has a small rust problem cool_shades.gif hence
it is call the parts car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.