Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle area teeners.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
It is a very nice day out today. I am taking my 914 out to run my erands and I sure hope the rest of you fellow NW teeners are too beerchug.gif
Rand
You better not put the top on that thing! laugh.gif
PeeGreen 914
Never. biggrin.gif
KELTY360
Top off, lovin life......although it's cold enough to get my nips a little hard blink.gif

driving.gif
familienauto
Took the car out through Kirkland yesterday. Cold but beautiful.

Zach
Rand
Dammit Zach, why haven't I met you yet?? Ok, next Teener Tuesday, at Zach's house! beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
Today was beatiful. Took one of my clients for a ride. He was giggling like a little school girl when we went around some of the corners. I think I have him convinced that he needs to get one biggrin.gif . I can't feel my toes though sad.gif
Rand
Dammit Jon, it's almost 40 degrees this afternoon!! I keep telling you to stop driving bare-footed. Wear slippers next time! Ya weenie. tongue.gif
Rand
Oh, and Marc (the KELTY one), I look forward to seeing you. Just keep those nipples inside your shirt. It's hard enough keeping Troy under control. Haha.... TROY??? Where are you?
rjames
It was tough not being able to drive the 914 today with how nice it is. I was hoping to have the exhaust backdate project finished this weekend, but it looks like I need another afternoon to get it done. dry.gif

Rand, you still want the old exhaust? If so beware, as I may also try and wrangle you to help out with a break bleeding when you show up! I have a couple of cases of beer left over from a poker party over the weekend if that helps. biggrin.gif
Rand
Hey Robert. Yes! But no coaxing needed my friend. Let's do it.
championgt1
It was a very nice day. I can't wait to get my car done so I can drive it on days just like today. driving.gif
familienauto
Rand,

We met randomly once down at Juanita Bay Park! It was last fall I think.

Zach
Bleyseng
mine is put away and trying to find some time to sort out a couple of things like install a CD player.... mad.gif
Rand
Geoff, what's with this creature comfort stuff? You going to play CDs that will make that thing go faster? chair.gif
PeeGreen 914
I can't hear the music well enough with a stereo system so I just use my iPod. biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
My top is off,
for paint w00t.gif

top down restoration beer.gif
Rand
QUOTE(familienauto @ Jan 22 2008, 06:38 PM) *

Rand,
We met randomly once down at Juanita Bay Park! It was last fall I think.

Hi Zach. I remember you now... Just didn't make the connection to your online name here.
bye1.gif

Hey Jeff, you gonna have that thing ready for WCR? I'd love to come by and see your project some time.
TimK
Today was the first day that I commuted to work in my electric 914 with its new transmission. It's great to come to a stop light and have the car silent from the stopped motor.

Cheers,
Tim in Portland
914 EV blog
Solo914
It was a blast driving the teener today, especially when my destination was Fordahl's Shop, there is always fun P-Car stuff in there.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 22 2008, 07:41 PM) *

My top is off,
for paint w00t.gif

I can't take my top off. sad.gif happy11.gif
dinomium
my pants are off
was that oversharing? Oil change needed!
KELTY360
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jan 23 2008, 02:03 PM) *

My top is off,
for paint w00t.gif

Guess you should've thought of that before you made that hole in your roof. poke.gif
sixnotfour
Dino , keep your pants on

Have you Pats buddy Fred H. ?
Root_Werks
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jan 23 2008, 04:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jan 23 2008, 02:03 PM) *

My top is off,
for paint w00t.gif

Guess you should've thought of that before you made that hole in your roof. poke.gif

The hole in my head? huh.gif

I should have taken the sunroof off and driven it today. driving.gif
EdwardBlume
It is a very nice day out today.
cheer.gif

Its pretty cool how a nice day in Seattle will get EVERYONE out and doing something!

When I lived in Magnolia, I kept a kayak down on Lake Union and would cruise around the cut. Good times.
PeeGreen 914
This area is so beautiful this time of the year when the sun is shiningthat you just can't pass up doing something or you totally miss what the NW has to offer.
rhodyguy
ss h.e.s and a well sealed ducting system rules.

k
KELTY360
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 24 2008, 04:52 AM) *

ss h.e.s and a well sealed ducting system rules.

k

Don't forget window tuning. With a solo driver the passenger window needs to drop down about an inch and a half and the driver's window about 4-5 inches from the top of the door. With a passenger, the configuration is completely different - pretty much all the way up for both windows.YMMV

driving.gif aktion035.gif

Looks like another day in paradise!
PeeGreen 914
Well, if you have headers with no heat you just have to dress warm. And the top only goes on for emergencies biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Couldn't stand it any longer and went an got the 914. Started on the first crank (luv FI)

Drove around in the sun with the heat ON! windows up!

pretty day and got some work done too.
PeeGreen 914
Oh sure.. rub in that you have heat chair.gif av-943.gif

Top off no heat... oh yeah aktion035.gif

or maybe screwy.gif but then again I am biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Guess where I shot this?
sixnotfour
count your blessings it didnt collapse on you !
i cant wait until they tear it down.

KELTY360
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 26 2008, 09:06 AM) *

Guess where I shot this?

Hi Geoff - looks like you're southbound on the viaduct in the west lane. Judging from the tach you're lazing along in 4th at about 55mph. Dontcha just love the sound of the car in that covered structure?

bye1.gif
rhodyguy
i like the battery st tunnel in 3rd with the right foot way into the throttle. under the I-90 cover on mercer island sounds good too.

k
championgt1
With all of Kevins help today in subfreezing tempatures I have a good feeling that I will be driving soon. driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
Nice... Just in time to make the first AX biggrin.gif February 16th in Bremerton. Go to pnwr.org to pre-register piratenanner.gif
championgt1
Snowing? Hope everyone is NOT driving their cars today!
rjames
No driving today, but a lot yesterday! Thanks to Rob and the muffler he sold me I drove around for a couple of hours yesterday. Made a trip over to West Seattle along Alki. Awesome view, should have brought a camera.

I didn't realize the heat I was missing out on. With the new SS in place and new heater hose (without holes in them) the teener heats up amazingly well!

BTW I love driving northbound along the viaduct, but I cross my fingers evey time I'm on there.

KELTY360
QUOTE(rjames @ Jan 28 2008, 09:31 AM) *

No driving today, but a lot yesterday! Thanks to Rob and the muffler he sold me I drove around for a couple of hours yesterday. Made a trip over to West Seattle along Alki. Awesome view, should have brought a camera.

I didn't realize the heat I was missing out on. With the new SS in place and new heater hose (without holes in them) the teener heats up amazingly well!

BTW I love driving northbound along the viaduct, but I cross my fingers evey time I'm on there.

Congratulations Robert on overcoming some difficult issues. Best part about owning a teener is getting to driving.gif it!

smilie_pokal.gif
rjames
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jan 28 2008, 09:58 AM) *

QUOTE(rjames @ Jan 28 2008, 09:31 AM) *

Congratulations Robert on overcoming some difficult issues. Best part about owning a teener is getting to driving.gif it!

smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks for the good words Marc. Seems like no project is easy on these cars! My exhaust backdating turned into a timecert install as well as some cutting and welding to get rid of some rust on the passengers side suspension console. ack!

Looking forward to some dry weather to meet up with everyone again some upcoming teener tuesday!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.