Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24 Hours of Daytona
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
The race is this weekend. I will definately be there Thursday, maybe Friday, Definately Saturday till the finish. I turn 50 Saturday, so you might find me curled-up under a transporter. If you find me there, put the BEER IV back in please drunk.gif .

Enough about me, Who else is going? I know we have a 914 fiend to cheer for as Ron Zitza is entered.

T.C.

ps I will be in my 911
Series9
Man, I really want to go.

Last minute airfare prices are brutal, so I probably won't make it.

Sebring for sure.
carr914
Weather looks good for the weekend. Joe, sounds like a Road-Trip, plus you owe me a beer. I might not make it to Sebring as my bosses expect me to be at trade-show that benefits me $0. I'm not happy about that, but DAYTONA is another thing....lets Rock

T.C.
rfuerst911sc
TC I was at Ron Zitzas shop two weeks ago on a Saturday, he had an open house for a couple of hours showing off the car they are running in the 24. It is a GT3 and will be #17. Ron is driving with two young kids, one of them is Wayne Taylors 16 year old son and the other is 18 years old. I may or may not be there as I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel. I just turned 50 so I raise a beer in your general direction beerchug.gif
carr914
Yes, Jordan Taylor is racing with Ron. Ricky Taylor is racing on his Dad's big boy Prototype team.

T.C.
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 22 2008, 07:41 PM) *

The race is this weekend. I will definately be there Thursday, maybe Friday, Definately Saturday till the finish. I turn 50 Saturday, so you might find me curled-up under a transporter. If you find me there, put the BEER IV back in please drunk.gif .

Enough about me, Who else is going? I know we have a 914 fiend to cheer for as Ron Zitza is entered.

T.C.

ps I will be in my 911

We will be there supporting the Nord Stern Contingent from up north of Mpls. way.

Leave tomorrow morning at 5 AM and roll into FLL at 1:30.
Pick up our car we keep in Boca, then off to Orlando to pick up 2 more of our group flying into that city.

We will look for you at the Porsche Paddock. We will be parked across from the ropes, as we don't have a P car down there to scoot around in. Look for the Pearl White Audi 200 with ND tags on it and the crew sporting silly Scandanavian looking smirks.
Jahhhh. .....shades of FARGO

But at least we know good German cars when we see them...........The new GT3 RS's are going to kick tail. The new body work leaves me a little cold, but they are still 911's !!!!

As for the prototypes, I forecast a successful team entry from Porsche is going to win. Maybe my old buddy and Hero ....Hurley will do it again.

See you there ! Safe driving !

Don, Greg, and Greg
914 , early 911, 944, and 930 afficionados from the upper Midwest.

carr914
Well I guess it's me and MrGreenJeans. I'll be there in the A.M.

T.C.
J P Stein
NASCAR's version of sports car racing leaves me cold. The teams seem to like it. confused24.gif
carr914
Brumos cars
Click to view attachment

no more Bull
Click to view attachment

carr914
Red Bull, that is
Click to view attachment

a Tribute to my late friend Bob Snodgrass
Click to view attachment

Motor Time
Click to view attachment
carr914
The 59 car
Click to view attachment

Mike MCR racing. Mike, Bob Snodgrass and I all grew up in Elmira, NY.
Click to view attachment
carr914
Alex Job Racing
Click to view attachment

Ruby Tuesday's sponsered Porsche
Click to view attachment
carr914
Opened up
Click to view attachment

Patrick Long
Click to view attachment
carr914
The Pole Winning DP
Click to view attachment

Piloted by my bud, Oz Negri Jr
Click to view attachment

Post-Qualifing interviews pray.gif
Click to view attachment
carr914
The car of last years champs, Alex Gurney, Jon Fogerty. Also has Jimmie Johnson driving. The toothless Nascar fans didnot have a clue who Alex was. He looks so much like his dad
Click to view attachment

Alex right before qualifing
Click to view attachment
TeenerTim
Nice pics. Keep em coming. Although IMO, that car just isn't very attractive. To me it looks more like a Mazda than a Porsche. It certainly doesn't come close to the older Mobile GT1 cars. Those were beautiful. Again, just my opinion.
carr914
Believe me I do not think these are the most attractive race cars. The new Rileys dont look much different from the old ones
last years version
Click to view attachment

One of the new Rileys aero improvement...oh wow
Click to view attachment
carr914
Let me get rid of my DP shots
Click to view attachment

SunTrust/Taylor
Click to view attachment

carr914
Penske/Taylor
Click to view attachment

Helio, the Dancing Driver
Click to view attachment

Helmet on for Q-time
Click to view attachment
carr914
Target/Telmex/Gannasi
Click to view attachment

opposite car
Click to view attachment

Juan Pablo Montoya, you would think that F-1 would have taught him how to dress, but I guess now that he's regularly driving a brick, he can now dress like Bill Belechek
Click to view attachment
carr914
I'm so bummed. I keep trying to call my wife and she's on the phone with some T.C. dude!
Click to view attachment

What you want me to get up now. I'm telling ya, I'm worried about this T.C. fella and my wife
Click to view attachment
carr914
Lets talk about the GT field
Click to view attachment

TRG has like 7 or 8 cars here
Click to view attachment
carr914
Farnbocker/Loles I know has 7 Porsches here and they got spanked by this Mazda
Click to view attachment

Another of the Pole car
Click to view attachment

It's brakes
Click to view attachment

carr914
The Porsche Trailer
Click to view attachment

was trumped by this wild thing from GM
Click to view attachment
carr914
Shots from the Historic display just getting put together as I was shooting
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

carr914
More oldies but goodies
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
That's it for now. I'll have more for you Sunday night. T.C.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
But Wait There's More.
I forgot the Ugliest Paint Job on a Ferrari I have seen
Click to view attachment

and for you V-8 conversion guys, a Corvette
Click to view attachment
jflash914
TC,
Great shots!!! I'm kind of bummed that I'm not there this year. My son and I went last year and had a super time.
Jack from Binghamton, NY
911quest
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 25 2008, 07:50 AM) *

The Porsche Trailer
Click to view attachment

was trumped by this wild thing from GM
Click to view attachment

I'm not an accountant but.....this might be wht Porsche is in the black and GM is in the red.

Great pics last time I went 993 were the GT3 cars
championgt1
Go team Seattle! Great pictures. Any more shots of that 924GTR?

TC.. You are one lucky person- to be there with all big boys!

Thanks and keep them coming!
SGB
THANKS TC!

Looks like a rippin' good time. of course. Keep those pics a'commin...
carr914
Jack, here is a shot of the GTR from RennsportIII

Click to view attachment
Spoke
Nice pics. Have a good time and keep the pics coming. Maybe it's just me but the DP cars look odd. Those historic cars are beautiful.
championgt1
Thanks for the other picture of that GTR. I love those cars, and that one is for sale! beerchug.gif
Mugs914
Thanks for the great pics T.C. smilie_pokal.gif Fantastic substitute for those of us who couldn't make it.

I'm sick at home so it's great to have something to watch! Though I am getting a bit tired of hearing from/about the NASCAR dorks who are in this thing...
championgt1
agree.gif
Joe Bob
The 02 car...cold tires, first lap with a new driver....BOOM....hit the infield and lost the front end and ran a full lap with the radiator dragging on the ground.....back on the track in 16 minutes.....
Gint
Thanks for the pics... thumb3d.gif
SGB
TC-
Did I see you on Speed wearing that white Gulf Porsche Jacket?
carr914
No, the Gulf jacket is getting too popular and I hung it in my TV room after Chad McQueen signed it at RennSport III
Click to view attachment

This time I wore my Gurney Eagle jacket and had it signed by my hero Dan and his son Alex who came in 2nd
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

My batteries went out in my digital and my action shots suck with this thing so no more picture from here. However I am going to the ALMS Sebring test tomorrow, so I hope to get something good there.

T.C.

carr914
It's in the newest Autoweek F/S via John Starkey @ $200k. If your interested I know the owner and can you a better price.

T.C.

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 26 2008, 04:56 AM) *

Jack, here is a shot of the GTR from RennsportIII

Click to view attachment

watsonrx13
TC, great pics... aktion035.gif Sounds like you had a great weekend.... Hope to see you next weekend at the Breakfast...

-- Rob
carr914
Rob, I'm trying to find out if I have to Instruct this weekend. Otherwise I will drive thee 911 to the Breakfast. Been real busy with race activities. Really looking forward to tomorrow @ Sebring

T.C.
rufio0205
i like my garage photos and videos better because they actually show the workings of the cars. i watched the number 7 car remove the transmission replace the clutch. replace the transmission in the course of like 15 or 20 minutes. i was tempted to ask them to weld up the floorpans in my car but remember i didnt drive my teener.
they could have had my car done asap. it is taking me forever!!!
carr914
I have the pictures of the ALMS test up on another thread.
T.C.
carr914
QUOTE(rufio0205 @ Jan 29 2008, 12:12 PM) *

i like my garage photos and videos better because they actually show the workings of the cars. i watched the number 7 car remove the transmission replace the clutch. replace the transmission in the course of like 15 or 20 minutes. i was tempted to ask them to weld up the floorpans in my car but remember i didnt drive my teener.
they could have had my car done asap. it is taking me forever!!!

Thomas, don't be shy, show us some of your pics.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.