Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dip stick tube
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
trojanhorsepower
Any tips? I need to err, straighten mine. Is it just a press fit?

Thanks again

-Pete
trojanhorsepower
Bump.
Gint
Most dip sticks are press fit. I never pulled one out of a 914 TypeIV though. Did you try pulling straight up on it?
Aaron Cox
if you pull one...pull an extra one for me! mine was broken 3 inches from the top....i now have a shortened dipstick rolleyes.gif

they are NLA for sure
trojanhorsepower
Humm,

Maybe I should just leave it alone?

I would think that it could be pressed out from inside, but I am not about to take this thing apart again just for that !!
I tried to pull it gently from the top with no success.

Thanks all for the info.

-Pete
Aaron Cox
pet shows the dipstick, but the tube is part of the case to them confused24.gif
hargray2
better leave it alone. Isn't the tube brass?
trojanhorsepower
Could be brass, but I thought it was copper. Brass would make more sence, I recon.

Any body ever take one out?

-Pete
JWest
The tube is steel, and it's a press fit. They were not intended to ever come out. If you really need it out, I would suggest heat in the area and some type of tool to pull (more than arm strength), but be prepared for it to break (prabably right at the case interface!) and to have to drill it out. Then you will have to create a new one most likely as they are not an available item AFAIK.

It would be worth checking to see if you can see it through the taco plate hole, in which case you might be able to drift it out.
adam912
I have a case with no tube in it and my old case with a tube that will not come out! I discovered that the tube is the same material and size as stock hard (steel) fuel line. So if you have a piece in the junk box ( I had a piece from my old 912 motor) straighten it out, cut to length and you're there!

Adam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.