Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is Dry Ice Blasting ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
maria143
History fascinates me. I love reading historical books and watching movies with a historic touch. I really admire the archaeologists who spend days and nights in preserving history. It’s such a challenging job to bring historical remains back to their original state. It at times pains me to see how magnificent structures get ruined over the centuries.

Once while browsing the net, I came across something called dry ice blasting and how it is used to clean historical structures. I have no idea whatsoever on this thing. I am a little curious to know about this.

Maria
rolleyes.gif
Dave_Darling
It is used on cars (sometimes) to remove paint and dirt from metal panels. Dry ice (frozen CO2) chips are blown at the panel with compressed air. They wear the paint and dirt off, but do not affect the metal if care is taken. Then the ice melts and vaporizes into CO2, which makes cleanup a whole lot easier.

The fact that dry ice is VERY VERY COLD also helps cut down on panel heating, which is one of the big problems with sand-blasting or other media blasting.

--DD
Gint
agree.gif

welcome.png

I'm a little curious why you signed up to a 914 web site yesterday and your first post is a question about dry ice blasting in relation to historical structures. Most people here would consider dry ice blasting for removing rust off of a 914.

If you own a 914...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

bye1.gif
davep
try this thread, but a search on 'blasting' will give lots of hits:\

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=34896
Chevota79
Ive also been interested in this and was wondering if anybody in the San Jose area knows of a place that offers this service.

Thanks
Josh
jd74914
Totally off subject, but why does maria143 like dry ice blasting so much? laugh.gif

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22I+love+r...Ew&filter=0
Gint
laugh.gif

Ha! We've been had...

Maria will probably go bye-bye... bye1.gif

That's funny.

rick 918-S
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 24 2008, 04:54 AM) *

agree.gif

welcome.png

I'm a little curious why you signed up to a 914 web site yesterday and your first post is a question about dry ice blasting in relation to historical structures. Most people here would consider dry ice blasting for removing rust off of a 914.

If you own a 914...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

bye1.gif

I read this when it was first posted and thought the same thing... what's the story?
736conver
I wonder which dry ice blasting company "maria" works for.

Twystd1
"Maria" was the code name used by Leonardo Divinci during his supposed artistic period, This period is known as Vinciism.

"Maria" was the name he used when hiding information about hidden location for the "Ark of the Covenant". (As seen on TV)

It is very possible that our possible spammer "Maria" is really a Third Reich Nazi operative trying to infiltrate our forum.

I suggest we call Interpol and Hillary and have this looked in to by professionals.

And a huge thumbs up to Aaron for relaying all of this important info to me.

Now..... back to the cold medicine and Red Bull cocktail.

C
iamchappy
Dry ice blasting is what we here in a Minnesota do when it's -20, We drive over a hundred miles an hour creating a wind chill factor that of dry ice and effectively stripping all of the paint off of our cars while having fun.
SirAndy
well, "Maria" is from India, so it's safe to say it's probably a spammer testing the waters ...

account disabled, thread closed, bye bye ...
bye1.gif Andy

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.