Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finished at last
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Finished this winters work. I'm sure there's still adjustments to do. Unfortunately there's too much snow for a test drive. Just drove it back and forth in the garage for a while.

Completed rust repair including 1)repair to passenger wheel well, framerail and firewall, 2)driver's wheel well and firewall, 3)Stripped and Por15 floor pan, front and rear trunks and outside of longs.

Repainted engine bay

Cleaned fuel tank and replaced all fuel lines.

Stripped and Por 15 all suspension parts.

Installed Koni yellows on all 4 corners.

Installed 19mm front sway bar, 21mm torsion bars, new A-arm bushings and new ball joints.

Installed bump stear spacers and turbo tie rods.

Installed 150 lb rear springs and new trailing arm bushings and rear wheel bearings.

Changed transmission fluid and cleaned, inspected and relubed throwout bearing fork.

Repacked 2 CV joints and replaced 2 CV joints

Glad to be done

Dave
rhodyguy
all right dave!!!! did betsy pick up a bottle of bubbly to celebrate you retirement? you accomplished a lot of work in a relatively short period.

kevin
DNHunt
No but I'm having a beer. Metolius Hare's ear Hefeweisen. Darn tasty. beer.gif

Dave
Gint
Yay Dave! smilie_pokal.gif That's really cool. Your throttle foot is itchin ain't it?
rick 918-S
More pictures!
Bleyseng
Got a set of fog lites you could throw on so you can drive at night with your old eyes.

Project looks good, can't wait to see it run. The engine probably will heat up alot faster now too.

Geoff
redshift
smile.gif

Way to go Doc! She's pretty, all back in one piece, with only a handful of extra parts!

M
DNHunt
Ya there's a few extra parts. Mostly rubber and plastic. Don't think they are too important.

Dave
morgan
BEER IS FOOD!! beer3.gif
DNHunt
I'm truely finished now (at least until something else breaks). I've put about 400 miles on it since the picture up top. So it was time to check my work. Spent the last hour and change out in the garage retorquing and checking to make sure everything was OK. All was tight and nothing backed off. clap56.gif clap56.gif

Gonna return to real life now. Spend more time with the family, start getting the yard ready for spring, relearn how to hold a golf club and enjoy driving my car.

Dave
Joe Bob
Borrow some scales and a DIY alignment tool(s)....do it up right.

Consider Mueller's bearing kit and turbo tie rods....
DNHunt
Mike

I did the turbo tie rods, corner balance and aignment. Really was the icing on the cake

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.