Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Shipping go kart 500 miles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
736conver
So I did some go karting last year. Frickin awesome they were only 9.5hp briggs but still cool. Going to step up to the kt100 class at the local track. I bought a go kart thats up in Michigan about 500 miles away from me and need to ship it down to me. Anybody have some good cheap freight companies.
He's in Alpena MI and that about 250 miles away from the nearest forward air, so thats out of the question.
It needs to be a residential pick-up.
I also check out Uship but the cheapest is $400 so far.

And for me to pick it up would be 1000 miles round trip in my durango, thats about $200 in gas and 16hrs drive time.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions. It would be nice to get it here for $200 or a little over. There has to be some company out there.
iamchappy
I would crate it and use a company like Forward Air.
736conver
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jan 24 2008, 09:46 AM) *

I would crate it and use a company like Forward Air.

Did ya read the whole post??
iamchappy
Sorry i looked past that line....
boxstr
Check craigslist to see if you can locate someone that has an empty trailer, or ??? going your way.
CCL
736conver
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 24 2008, 10:17 AM) *

Check craigslist to see if you can locate someone that has an empty trailer, or ??? going your way.
CCL

Yea I check that too. Too bad its not in florida, there are like three people going that route.
John
Is it too big to go greyhound?
736conver
Not sure. i figured it would be but I will check that out.
andys
Make sure you can ship the fuel tank with your freight forwarder. Ground transport probably not an issue, but air would most likely be a problem.

For air transport, I always use Senderex. Residential pick up.

Andys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.