Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm new!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ames9142L
I'm new to all this(not the car-the web site). I've been a Porsche-pusher since I bought the car, in March, '73, but I just found the web site yesterday. I can't belive the info that's on it! I'm going to have a lot of questions! Hope I can also contribute. Thx in advance
jonferns
welcome.png

Do you have any pics of your car that you could post?

refer here for help on posting pics
KELTY360
welcome.png

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Glad you found us!
1970 Neun vierzehn
Hello and welcome, glad that you've joined us. After you get settled in and comfortable with the 914World format, add pics of yourself, car and add your cars' VIN to our members registry.

welcome.png

Paul
tracks914
You won't find a better group of guys, welcome.
BTW if you bought it in 73 you must be old!!! beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
Jeffs9146

And gals!!

welcome.png
GWN7
welcome.png

Drove thru your town last year on my way to buy a bus 2 hrs East of you
PeeGreen 914
welcome.png aktion035.gif
G e o r g e
agree.gif welcome.png thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
championgt1
welcome.png
SirAndy
welcome.png beerchug.gif
iamchappy
Hi new guy, if you look up im just above you. Come join me on the late drinking thread some night. beer.gif beer3.gif

welcome.png
ConeDodger
Wow! Are you an original owner? After 35 years I bet you have a thing or two to contribute... welcome.png
BiG bOgGs
welcome.png

Jim
StratPlayer
welcome.png beerchug.gif
TeenerTim
welcome.png
I'm sure there will be plenty of questions about your car from the historical society. Please add your VIN and chassis numbers to the database.
Eric_Shea
welcome.png
Dr. Roger
if you've come this far, then you're already screwed......

oh, and welcome! =)

=)
Ames9142L
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jan 24 2008, 04:13 PM) *

BTW if you bought it in 73 you must be old!!! beerchug.gif

Please define old!!??
Ames9142L
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Jan 24 2008, 06:25 PM) *

welcome.png
I'm sure there will be plenty of questions about your car from the historical society. Please add your VIN and chassis numbers to the database.

I'd be glad to answer any questions--Who (or what) is the historical society?
Remember, I'm new to all this. (I've added VIN to data base.)
davep
welcome.png
Historical society? Well that would be me in particular, and the gang that hang out on the Originality & History forum here.
So.Cal.914

"I've been a Porsche-pusher since I bought the car..."

Maybe you should have bought one that ran... biggrin.gif

Welcome to the Jungle...Click to view attachment
Sleepin
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jan 25 2008, 12:36 PM) *

"I've been a Porsche-pusher since I bought the car..."

Maybe you should have bought one that ran... biggrin.gif

Welcome to the Jungle...Click to view attachment

There arent any smart asses in here! biggrin.gif It's all drunk.gif in good fun!

A very big welcome.png
Gint
Welcome to the insanity. welcome.png

Post some pictures!

link to the FAQ thread, Adding Pictures to Your Post

Because... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

bye1.gif
Pat Garvey

Please define old!!??

"Old" - just about any original owner of a 914. Used in this group to separate the metal cutting fabricators from those who polish & maintain. Not meant to be a negative term.

Unless you bought your 914 when you were 16, you pretty much have to be in your 50's or 60's. I bought my 914 new in '72, when I was 25, so I fit into the latter group.

We do a lot of bantering in this group, so a thick hide doesn't hurt.

Welcome! Post a pic when you can.

Pat
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 27 2008, 08:45 AM) *

Please define old!!??

"Old" - just about any original owner of a 914. Used in this group to separate the metal cutting fabricators from those who polish & maintain. Not meant to be a negative term.

Unless you bought your 914 when you were 16, you pretty much have to be in your 50's or 60's. I bought my 914 new in '72, when I was 25, so I fit into the latter group.

Pat

I think 'old' is a relative term, sense most of my relatives are old, I guess I am too. smile.gif
Ames9142L
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 27 2008, 08:45 AM) *

Please define old!!??

Pat

Thx Pat
Bought it new in March, 73. Almost bought a used '72, but ex father in law said "go for new". Best decision I ever made. A few years ago it was either wife and show dogs, or the car. I still have the car. 2nd best decision I ever made. Used to be active in PCA, went to several parades, but always got the feeling that they thought the 914 was kind of a "bastard son". Car hasn't been out much for several years, (I'm a construction supervisor for Habitat for Humanity, keeps me busy, building houses) but I'm trying to get it back on the road. Needs brake work. Eric Shea, can you help? If the weather ever warms up here in Iowa, I'll try to get some Pics. It's led a sheltered life, never seen snow.
More later. As I said the other day, I'm going to have lots of questions.

Ames9142L
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.