914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eldiosyeldiablo
Let me guess that this is non factory. ar15.gif
eldiosyeldiablo
Another shot
scotty
ohmy.gif OMG!
eldiosyeldiablo
This is the hose coming off the "rail" between the two injectors.
I don't have my Haynes manual yet so what is this suppose to be for?

Should I change my plans on driving this car to work tomorrow?

-David
type47
edit: now that i look at it closer, as the following post states, it looks like a hose connected to a port on the fuel rail that the FI's are connected to. should be attached to the cold start valve.
SirAndy
QUOTE(eldiosyeldiablo @ Jan 7 2004, 05:57 PM)
I don't have my Haynes manual yet so what is this suppose to be for?

people usually run a fuel-pressure gauge there.

plugging with the screw actually works pretty good. wink.gif
Andy
McMark
If it's a 1.7 car then it's the fuel pressure tester hookup port. If it's a 2.0 (looks like it in the picture) then it's supposed to hook to the 5th injector (cold start) on the intake plenum.
scotty
agree.gif
That's connected in an odd place for the return line...it looks like it's connected to the middle of the fuel rail where there should be a screw/nipple for a pressure test gauge. I'd take it out even if it doesn't leak...just to be safe.

I'm also concerned with that fat red wire up by your tank. I would do a thorough walk-around with the manual(s) looking for "strange" stuff before planning any long trips.

Dang! I typed too slow!
Gint
What they said. agree.gif
boxstr
The PO removed his west coast fuel pressure gauge since you will need an east coast fuel pressuer gauge.
CCLINHAYNESMANUAL
JFJ914
Should I change my plans on driving this car to work tomorrow?

Sure, if it'll start w/o the cold start valve! It finally got cold enough to need it. If the hose is in good shape I wouldn't worry too much about it for now. For a lot of this Mickey Mouse stuff, you need to go over to Auto Atlanta, get the stuff in your hand, then give them the money.

Give me a call and I'll be glad to give it a once over, it's always fun to spend someone elses money. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.