Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lazy headlight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
golfczar2
The drivers side headlight won't open all the way. I can use the knob on the back of the motor to raise it higher, and when you retract them it goes up to full open before closing. I thought it might be the relay, so I swapped them and it made no difference. Any Ideas?

Golfczar2
banger
I had the same problem on my 914. The previous own had done body work on the car, and didnt put the headlights back together correctly. What is happening, is that the headlight arm is oriented wrong on the shaft. I would assume that the light also sits a little too far down when it is closed. I loosened the arm on the shaft, then raised the headling with my finger, until it was flush with the body, then tightened the arm again. This should fix your problem.

QUOTE(golfczar2 @ Jan 24 2008, 09:36 PM) *

The drivers side headlight won't open all the way. I can use the knob on the back of the motor to raise it higher, and when you retract them it goes up to full open before closing. I thought it might be the relay, so I swapped them and it made no difference. Any Ideas?

Golfczar2

SirAndy
QUOTE(golfczar2 @ Jan 24 2008, 09:36 PM) *

Any Ideas?

the search function is your friend ... shades.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=45959

bye1.gif Andy

PS: welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.