Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's a lot of responsibility
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smg914
A good friend of mine just took a job that requires him and his wife to move to Belgium, Germany or England for the next 5 years. He is already gone but hasn't determined where they are going to live yet. The problem is that they own a new 911 GT3 RS and they don't want it just sitting in storage without periodically getting exercised. So they asked me if I would mind taking on the responsibility exercising it. Do I need to tell you what my answer was?
smg914
I have some really good friends. Next up this weekend is a new Tour de France Blue Ferrari F-430 that I will be taking out for a cruise.
iamchappy
Thats just not fair...lucky you....
iamchappy
Nice photoshop work! Ha
stuttgart46
Is that your buddy Jeff? I wish I was there to "help".
Let me know if he wants to sell the GT3-RS, I may have a buyer.
smg914
Yo Chad...........its been too long. I know your busy racing 911's now a days.

No, the GT3 RS is not Jeff's. The Ford GT was Jeff's but he just sold that a week ago and bought a new F-430. I'm going over to his house this weekend to take it out for an exercise. It's not broken in yet so I have to keep it under 5K RPM's.
Twystd1
I hate you.

C
championgt1
agree.gif
smg914
Well its been a stressful week. On Thursday morning I had to drive the Black/Orange GT3 RS on a 75 mile trip to Sarasota, drop it off at Suncoast Porsche (to fix an oil leak), pick up a Blue GT3 and drive it 75 miles home. A few hours ago my buddy that has a new F-430 stopped by my house and handed me the keys and said, "Lets Go".

Unfortunately my wife and I had just returned from a 45 mile cruise in our Lotus Europa Special and I was feeling great about it. It is an absolutely beautiful day here in Florida and the car ran fantastic. To get out of a Lotus Europa and then get right into a Ferrari F-430 kind of made me forget about the enjoyable ride in the Lotus.
degreeoff
You are breakin my haaaart! and saving me alot of speeding tickets too (for if I were you.....)
KELTY360
C'mon, be honest, how good can a BLUE Ferrari really be?

confused24.gif
sww914
You're beating up on 10 year olds.
SGB
sick, it's just sick.
Lou W
Your friends sure do take advantage of you don't they? biggrin.gif
yenningComity
Bleh that Ferrari has too much comfort crap. Sports cars shouldn't have motorized adjustable seats... leave that to the caddys
QUOTE(yenningComity @ Feb 2 2008, 07:49 PM) *

Bleh that Ferrari has too much comfort crap. Sports cars shouldn't have motorized adjustable seats... leave that to the caddys

agree.gif
i agree yenningcomity. real sports cars are pure and simple. racing isnt about comfort.
but on the ohter hand u lucky bastard. its not fair we dont get drive these sophisticated machines every once in a while.
smg914
The entire time I drove the Ferrari I had it in "Sport Mode" (see switch, lower right on steering wheel) and you would not believe the beautiful sound this car made. When you up shift or down shift and that F-1 paddle shift transmission does its thing (I was shifting around 7000 RPM's) you don't notice the power seats and the leather interior. The F-430 is an awesome machine. No question about it.

Having said that, the Porsche GT3 RS certainly holds its own and in no way did driving the F-430 take anything away from the Porsche. They are both awesome machines and if you (we) could afford them, believe me you wouldn't be criticizing them.

Oh and then there's the Ford GT. I still can't believe he sold the GT and bought the F-430. To me that had to be a very difficult decision. But there is something about driving a Ferrari that constantly reminds you that you are driving something very special. And that sound, that beautiful music makes you feel like you should be racing in the 12 Hours of Sebring.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.