Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deal of the century
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TeenerTim
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...sspagenameZWDVW
Has a "Buy It Now" of only $89.14.
IPB Image
PeeGreen 914
It's just for his how to guide... Kinda misleading if you ask me.
BMXerror
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 25 2008, 01:47 PM) *

How to make a Porrari 308 Vettstarossa? I think I'll pass. barf.gif
Mark D.
Jeffs9146
Following the step-by-step instructions, you can build your own 914-8

agree.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Jan 25 2008, 01:55 PM) *

How to make a Porrari 308 Vettstarossa? I think I'll pass. barf.gif

agree.gif
Twise
This guys a genius...

Sporting a power-to-weight ratio similar to the brutish 405HP Chevy Corvette Z06, a Porsche 914-V8 can be built for less than $10K ... that's more than a 40 grand saving !
Following the step-by-step instructions, you can build your own 914-8 that will do 0 to 60 in 4.x seconds, the quarter in the 12's, turn like a go-cart and stop on a dime ... leaving an ear-to-ear grin that will almost break your face - but NOT your wallet !

Written by a self-proclaimed Porsche 'nut' of some 30-years and a successful racer for more than 25 years, the author has driven his personal 914-8 for more than 20 years and, of his stable of cars over the years, his '4-TEEN-8' still delivers him the greatest pleasure - and, almost scary, heart-pounding performance.

Compiled specifically for those interested in 914-8 conversions, including the novice who not only doesn't even have a 914 ( yet ! ) but also has never even owned a Porsche, the reference has some 120 pages with more than 250 color pictures & illustrations dedicated to the conversion ( how-to ) detail, the 914 heritage and much of the conversion's follow-on accessorization. It's a FUN read, even if you're just a car nut - and yes, that includes you 911 / 912 guys !

One of the more useful sections defines ( and costs out ) four different stages of 914-8 development from stocker to sleeper to pumped to radical - pick your poison !

Sold via PayPal only, the price is $ 89.14 which includes shipping in the CONUS - no other charges ! You'll probably save 10x that, not counting the amount of grief you'll avoid or the amount of time you'll save.

For those of you who might question whether or not you will like the book, please, please, please look at my feedback from ALL previous buyers. I have had RAVE reviews and I have sold books to some who ALREADY have multiple 914-8's - I've even sold multiple copies to the same buyer !!!

Also, I do not sell conversion cars or parts so there are no conflicts - straight talk !!!

And a sincere THANX to the scores of 'car-nuts' that truly appreciate the potential of the 914 as a mid-engine super car - this manual has, thanx to them, already become 'THE STANDARD' - thanx !

10 Grand - No Headaches - Where has this guy been hiding all the knowledge contained in the pages of this NOTEBOOK.

clown2.gif
Wes V
What's funny is that in the days prior to the internet, this wouldn't be a bad item to buy (but not at $90).

Wes
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 25 2008, 01:47 PM) *

$90 for this car? You find this misleading? Boy have I got a deal for you! av-943.gif

Cheers, Elliot
porschecb
You guys are missing the $800.00 gt grill!!!!!!! on Ebay and this for real! bs.gif
ajracer
Gentlemen:

Well the price looks good for the V8 conversion manual; believe me you would save
lots of $$$ just from the great reference / resource material

If my memory is correct I even believe the seller is a member here on the site.

BUT if anyone is interested I have a "New" manual from the vendor that I purchased
and is in excellent condition for $ 50 including shipping within USA, CDN. Let me know
if anyone is interested.

Allan
Dr Evil
Actually, the author is a member here. If you dont agree with the price or advertisement, I believe that he would be open to critiquing. He even approached me to ask if he could include my bolts and info in his reference. He has always been nice to talk with. Dont be so harsh tongue.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 25 2008, 09:56 PM) *

Actually, the author is a member here. If you dont agree with the price or advertisement, I believe that he would be open to critiquing. He even approached me to ask if he could include my bolts and info in his reference. He has always been nice to talk with. Dont be so harsh tongue.gif

You were just in shock that someone wanted to use you in a published piece of material. biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
punk tongue.gif
PeeGreen 914
I am sure the material is good information to know if you are going to do a V8 conversion. The thing I don't like about the ad is that it makes you believe it is for a 914 and not the book. Kinda like a bait and switch sorta thing.
EdwardBlume
I remember those chassis from circa 1986 when the "new" 914 was featured in one of the Porsche or European Car magazines. I got all excited until I realized it was a Renegade conversion instead of Porsche getting wiser. headbang.gif
GWN7
He's run the ad several times. I'm sure he wouldn't have if the info wasn't selling.

Edit * Just looked at his feedback, 100% positive so I guess there are a few out there that are happy with the info

I wish his price checking progam was back up and running smile.gif
jimtab
I think it's the responsibility of whomever is contemplating buying ANYTHING on Ebay to read the whole "ad" and find out what's what. Caveat emptor.
PeeGreen 914
I agree 100% with you on the buyer being aware of what they are buying. I also feel that in order to sell something you should be up front on what you are selling. I guess it has similarities to people inviting you over for dinner to get you to be an Amway distributor.

Not that the people who are doing this are bad people. I just don't agree with this type of business practice.
NoEcm
All you have to do is look at the category that this auction is listed under and you can pretty much figure it out:

Listed in category: eBay Motors > Parts & Accessories > Manuals & Literature > Car & Truck > Porsche
914-8
If someone bids on the item, thinking they are getting an actual 914 V8 CAR for $89.14 (with shipping anywhere in the US included), well, let's just say they aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Information has value, and looking at the feedback, the people who have bought it seem to think it's worth it.

Of course, most 914 V8 "builders" would much rather spend that $90 at Home Depot for more angle iron, liquid nails, copper and PVC tubing, and plywood. sawzall-smiley.gif
rhodyguy
uh...MANUALS & LITERATURE. not CARS FOR SALE. i find checking the catagory most informative. av-943.gif

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.