Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT? How to retreive any deleted photos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Owensby
I had some photos I had taken over the last year or so of my 914 re-build. I was thinking of adding them to the World site, but I can't find them now. Not in recycle bin either. May have deleted them some time ago, but I am not sure. Is there a way to browse through the hard drive to see? I have a very old copy of Nortons that used to work on DOS or early Windows . Now running XP. Any suggestions?

Thanks, JoeO
Jeffs9146
Hit Start
Hit search
Hit "pictures music or movies"
Select photos
type all or part of the file name or ext like ".JPEG" or "914" or whatever you saved it as originaly or just click search
Hit start search
See what comes up!
stateofidleness
that wont work if he "deleted" them, but hopefully all is not lost
here's a program i live by because my stuff is constantly disappearing on our shared computers at work: its called Restoration ( ha fitting name.. we do a lot of that around here )

lets see if i can attach it.. if not just google it, small program and can be run off a flash usb drive

itll search for recoverable files and you can specify only to return the filetype (jpg, gif, bmp) of your choice

then you cross your fingers and hope your files show up in the search results lol

pm me if you need any help with it

Click to view attachment
70Sixter
Picassa2 from Google does a neat job finding and arranging all your image files. That won't help if they are actually deleted.

Rotsa ruck!
computers4kids
QUOTE(70Sixter @ Jan 26 2008, 01:07 PM) *

Picassa2 from Google does a neat job finding and arranging all your image files. That won't help if they are actually deleted.

Rotsa ruck!

PC Inspector, like restoration is a nice free program for retrieving files that have been deleted.

PC Website with free download
http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file_recov....htm?language=1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.