Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: weber carbs choking down for smaller engine?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dougcoup
I have a 2.8 with Weber 46's and am building up a back up 2.4 that would traditionally use 40's.

I have both sets of carbs right now but need a couple pieces to make the 40's complete (eg. manifolds & accellorator pump cover).

I had seen a post somewhere on internet that you can just use the smaller chokes in the larger carbs and jet the larger carbs to the specs for a smaller engine and they will work fine.

Other than there being the manifolds being stepped down from 46 to 40 which would be accomidated with a pair of 40 manifolds ported up to 46 at the top, does anyone see a problem with this logic.

I only need one set of carbs so If I could free up the funds for something else on the car, I would be more than willing.

Let me know

Doug
Joe Bob
Yes you can....if your labor is free. Jets and syncing and other issues would be an issue.
Eric_Shea
I have a perfect set of 40's... (and a 2.5 that could probably use 46's) idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.