Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
I am taking apart three boxes at my house so when I go to the shop I can have all the gears and syncros on hand without having the boxes I am not going to use. I have one very nice box that I just aquired that I am going to put my Guard TB diff in and change all the gearing. However, I would love to have a step-by-step guide in case I run into something I am not sure of. When I put it together I will have the tech that helps me with all my 914 stuff there so I need not worry, but he's not here now.
Dr Evil
There are links in my rebuild tranny thread that should help you out. smile.gif
Bleyseng
If you have questions I can walk u thru too...

lots of old threads with pics too if you do a search
Dr Evil
Dude, nothing beats local help. In my rebuild thread I have a link to DNHunt's rebuild thread which is great and he is close to you, too.
PeeGreen 914
Thanks guys for the help. Icouldn't log in to 914world for a little while so I just went out and did it. Really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The only transmissions I have taken apart before these were all Honda and Acura. These are a piece of cake wink.gif Now I just need to take it down to where I have the good box and build it all.
Trevorg7
Whatever you do, talk with Dr. Evil...amazing knowledge and work!

T
degreeoff
My kinda guy....just does it!....I cant tell ya how good it felt to do my engine preassemble/ cam timing/ piston/valve clearance check and then KNOW how it works for the reassemble.....course I pussed out on the tranny (thanks doc) but hey ?? I built a six...
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Trevorg7 @ Jan 26 2008, 08:47 PM) *

Whatever you do, talk with Dr. Evil...amazing knowledge and work!

T

The guy that helps me knows the 901 box very well.

Yeah, I like to learn by tearing things apart, but sometimes it's nice to have someone around if I need to ask. I am blessed with having someone around that knows 914s and 911s very well. He has been the guy that I used to work in the bay next to, and he has mentored me with the Porsche stuff as well.
PeeGreen 914
Now if Mike wants to fly out here to do a sesion on transmissions I have three spare cases and plenty of gears for him to use biggrin.gif I think I am going to build one reserve thought. So two boxes just laying around with nothing to do wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.