Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Set me straight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Aquaintence of mine seems to think the set of near perfect 2.0L heads that I have for sale are not worth 500.00 dollar asking price.

No cracks that I can see but I plan to scrub and put them in the oven and make damn sure.

No porting single stock springs large adjuster rockers. all exhaust studs are solid.

Hell I should keep them for myself If I were a smart person/
Rusty
Seems a fair price for me if they're crack-free.

In fact... I'm sending a PM.
Joe Ricard
Well guess that answers my question,

Didn't even make a full lap at Daytona before a reply and a PM.
gregrobbins
Your friend just doesn't know. That is a reasonable price for known good heads. There just aren't many of these left.
rhodyguy
with good guides, seats, valves, 0 cracks, and are ready to plug and play, that's a real fair price.

k
solex
If they are truly in good shape and do not need to be rebuilt that is a good price.

Excluding the cost of a decent set of cores a rebuilt is going to cost you around $1K
SGB
QUOTE(Rusty @ Jan 27 2008, 07:45 AM) *

Seems a fair price for me if they're crack-free.

In fact... I'm sending a PM.

I would have jumped those too. You might be hearing from me, Rusty...
crash914
Hey I got a set...

Set up for 103mm.. only 1 crack that I can see... new springs...hmmmmm
rhodyguy
me too. but not stock. sitting on the shelve in the gargae. the set off the onion. big valves, port work, new guides. tuned up at the cost of $300. haha. paper weights at this point.
Bleyseng
$500, now that is cheap

I have a good set without cracks, bare sitting on the shelf not for sale.
sean_v8_914
my heads are so cracked. they ping like mad on a hot track day and all teh race gas in teh world wont make it stop
I am at the point where I need to decide: rebuilt old metal at $1-$1.5k or new raby LE200 made from new castings and scooby new seats guides and valves for $2k

but $500 bucks for god heads...smoking deal!!!
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jan 27 2008, 05:38 AM) *

Aquaintence of mine seems to think the set of near perfect 2.0L heads that I have for sale are not worth 500.00 dollar asking price.

No cracks that I can see but I plan to scrub and put them in the oven and make damn sure.

No porting single stock springs large adjuster rockers. all exhaust studs are solid.

Hell I should keep them for myself If I were a smart person/

That seems like a real good price. as long as they are useable. i have 2.0 heads but both have cracks at the spark plugs and on the #3 and 4 head there are cracks running from the the chamber into the exhuast port. on both 3 and 4. looking to have the welded. but yea if i had the money right now id go for the heads ur selling. again as long as they arent cracked
agree.gif
SLITS
They are worth what you want for them and what a buyer is willing to pay.

Other than that, they are scrap dirty aluminum.
Joe Ricard
OK srubbed the piss out of them and heated them up scubbed them some more and found two tiny cracks beginning from one spark plug. The other combustion chambers look pretty good.
Twystd1
Thats a CHEAP price anywhere. (Really)

If'n ya wanna make bank.
E-Bay or Pelican.
Cause those guys are NUTttttsss.

(I'll give ya a freshly made fitty and Dr.Evils bad #5 piston in trade)

C
Joe Ricard
OK, WTF is a Fitty???

and the bashed up piston for wall art. I got boxes of wall art.
Twystd1
Fitty = be a fifty dollar bill.

And 500 bucks these days for MANY fellas looking for 2.0 heads is a good deal.

Many folks think an old 2.0 head with cracks is worth 500 bucks.

Note: Those hairline cracks you see PROBABLY continue to run from the plug hole to under the valve seat area.
Thats what I have seen anyway.

Hell... Heat your heads up to 400+ degrees and your seats will just about fall out. Then you can see for yourself.

And you can cook a pizza while waiting for the heads to heat up.

Cheers,

Clayton
Jake Raby
If you can see a crack at room temp it'll look like the grand canyon at temp-
sww914
OK, I've got a set, cut for 103's, huge ports, 40mm & 50mm valves. They must be worth a fortune.

But...

The dummy that built them didn't bother to put new valve guides in after he ground them away during the port job...

A valve broke...

took out a piston...

and knocked out both seats while it was bouncing around in there!
What a goddamned mess.
There are cracks.
Wanna see a picture?

barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif
Joe Ricard
Well I think they are sold.

Getting closer to the big kit. This motor I am TRYING to build is still pissin me off.

Getting good at setting push rod length. I got my 86b to .514 lift on the intake. It make the valve hit the piston too.

Kinda see why Jake got into this stuff Because now I HAVE to win over it.
Jake Raby
OK, I've got a set, cut for 103's, huge ports, 40mm & 50mm valves. They must be worth a fortune.

Sounds like a great way to misconfigure an engine!

We are consistently making over 200HP with only a itty bitty 44mm intake valve :-)
HAM Inc
Size does matter... just not the way most people think it does!

All 2.0 and 1.8 heads are cracked. You may not be able to see them, but they are there! Some cracks are a cinch to repair, others not so much. And, believe it or not, there is a crack that occurs in most T4 heads that doesn't ever cause a problem.
sww914
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jan 31 2008, 06:13 AM) *

Sounds like a great way to misconfigure an engine!

We are consistently making over 200HP with only a itty bitty 44mm intake valve :-)

EVERYTHING about the engine was misconfigured! I bought it for the still good used parts, I used what I needed, and I should have thrown the rest away.
Twystd1
Whats your deck height and what Pistooooons ya running?

And how much of the heads surface has been decked...????????

Gots pics?

C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.