Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's get Captain Crusty over here....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
John Larson
j.d.larson@verizon.net

Send the "Crusty One" a love note and get him to sign in please....
boxstr
Captn Crusty stay away,don't come over to the dark side.
CCLINDAVIDCROSBY
redshift
What kind of things should I put in the note?

I tried to find a love letter generator on the web, but they all sucked.

M
campbellcj
I don't check all that often anymore, but I haven't noticed Larson posting much on the Rennlist either. It is a pity IMHO cuz both his VW/Porsche knowledge and his wit are fabulous smilie_flagge24.gif
Joe Bob
Yeah, he has a wealth of knowledge and a caustic wit tempered by experience. He would be a welcome addition.
redshift
Bring to me, this "John Larson".

(you are supposed to bow, and run off to get John Larson)

pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

There, I feel better.

M
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jan 7 2004, 10:54 PM)
I don't check all that often anymore, but I haven't noticed Larson posting much on the Rennlist either.

he's around to help answer the rare actual technical question that's still posted there. traffic is WAY down as you can imagine.

you've just gotta be looking at the right RennList - he's pretty active on the Audi 20V list. i think he's busy fixing cars for a living.
Jenny
I haven't gotten mail from rennlist in over a week. At first I thought it was traffic dying down, but now I'm starting to think maybe they unsubscribed me.

Jen
Joe Bob
Jenny....go to the rennlist website and try to access the message traffic on the site. If it lets you in, you are still subscribed....
Jenny
Actually, I'm not overly concerned about it. I probably would have unsubscribed already, but I'm really lazy. rolleyes.gif

Jen
Joe Bob
Well since most of us HAVE unsubscribed...it would be interesting to see if the list WAS dead.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 8 2004, 09:16 AM)
Well since most of us HAVE unsubscribed...it would be interesting to see if the list WAS dead.

it still works just fine thankyouverymuch.
Joe Bob
When was the last message besides "How Things Work"? blink.gif
Jeroen
Stop yer bitchin' 'bout RennList...
With out it, the chance of us hanging out here would be very slim

cheers,

Jeroen
Bleyseng
some of us remember the Porschelist.. or that stranger list on Digi.net..
shit, I am getting old and around these effin cars too long.

Time to move up to a 911 and the wine and cheese crowd! Hey, Jeroen! How about sending over some French wine for us over here. I am sick of the Wash wines they sell here.

Geoff
markb
[quote=ArtechnikA,Jan 8 2004, 09:20 AM] [ [/QUOTE]
it still works just fine thankyouverymuch. [/quote]
Sorry guys (& gals), but I still go there before I check in here.

BTW, I've mentioned many times to the Cap'n (I work at his shop 3 days a week) about this list, and he is very much not interested. I keep him updated on what's going on here. Besides, he's busy enough already with so many internet and phone questions that he barely seems to be able to get anything done at the shop. We've had the same damn Fuuurrrraaarrrriiii tying up a lift for what seems like weeks now. Just try getting answers from THAT company. If you need answers from him, you know where to find him.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Jan 8 2004, 10:09 AM)
Stop yer bitchin' 'bout RennList...
With out it, the chance of us hanging out here would be very slim

cheers,

Jeroen

Nothing stops him from participating on both forums....
redshift
Ok, I got a full night's sleep, and no John Larson.... I don't think you guys can do it.

-yawn-

M
Joe Bob
Well we have his ward Mark Brittel.....Robin by any other name, said Batman....
redshift
Who is the June Cleaver of 914s?

M
markb
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 8 2004, 06:26 PM)
Well we have his ward Mark Brittel.....Robin by any other name, said Batman....

Ummm, should I take that as a slam?

BTW, it's one T and two L's. Thankyouverymuch.
Joe Bob
No slam....you are the conduit of his greatness..... pray.gif
markb
Now I've been called a whole lotta things in my life, but a conduit is a new one. blink.gif
Thanks, I think.
redshift
Don't smile Mark... Mike calls that rubber dick suit in the other thread the "Conduit Bodycock".

M
Joe Bob
Conduit....meaning you answer questions and help out...almost like if Crusty was here....
Malmz
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 8 2004, 10:22 AM)
some of us remember the Porschelist.. or that stranger list on Digi.net..

Hell, some of us remember PorscheFans! Of course, there was PorschePhiles too, but I don't go back THAT far!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.