Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help: photoshop assistance with 914 Chalon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tedman5
I plan on building a 914 Chalon and would like to see it in Conga (or Congo, not sure) Green like #19 in the photo.
BTW, I saw this car (the real one, not clone) yesterday at the owner's shop here in PA. Its every bit as sweet in person as it is in the picture. I fell in love with the color.
Click to view attachment

I am not familiar with photoshop software and if one of you have the time to do it I sure would appreciate it.
I supplied a couple of pictures to work with.
Thanks.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Todd Enlund
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

--------------------
Click to view attachment
Tedman5
Geez that was quick. Maybe that software isn't too hard to understand.
Thank you very much for such a quick and excellent rendition.
Truly you are a Trooper.
neo914-6
welcome.png
I had a red Chalon, it would look nice in silver too...
Tedman5
Yeah silver is my 2nd choice. Red was bad luck for me.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Tedman5 @ Jan 27 2008, 12:36 PM) *

Truly you are a Trooper.

It's as hard to understand as you want it to be... depends on how deep you want to go. I've been a user since I bought Photoshop 3.0 in 1995, and I recently upgraded to CS3 (version 10.0). It gets more powerful with each release. I'm pretty proficient, but I am still learning smile.gif
jwhcars
SWEET LOOKING IN CONGA GREEN
Tedman5
You should know, you picked it Jim!
neo914-6
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jan 27 2008, 12:49 PM) *

Truly you are a Trooper.

It's as hard to understand as you want it to be... depends on how deep you want to go. I've been a user since I bought Photoshop 3.0 in 1995, and I recently upgraded to CS3 (version 10.0). It gets more powerful with each release. I'm pretty proficient, but I am still learning smile.gif

I'm considering CS3, would it be too complex for a beginner?
bdstone914
CS3 isn't really harder for beginners, if anything its easier, more features, better placement of stuff, Visualization for the effects. Get it, you'll love it.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jan 27 2008, 02:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jan 27 2008, 12:49 PM) *

Truly you are a Trooper.

I'm considering CS3, would it be too complex for a beginner?

No it's not that it's overly complex, it's just an incredibly capable software package. Anyone can just jump in and start playing. Just don't expect to be a guru overnight. There is a very looong learning curve, but it's not that steep.

With your artistic ability, I'm surprised that you haven't already taken the jump.

Adobe offers an educational version for a great discount. The CS3 Design Premium package is an awesome deal.

http://www.adobe.com/education/products/creativesuite/

Combine it with a Wacom Intuos tablet, and you'll have a blast.

http://www.wacom.com/intuos/index.cfm
stateofidleness
goin green eh? nice

you gotta teach me that photoshop trick! that last chalon is a pic of my car and would love to see it in different colors. did you just put a color overlay over it? or did you carefully select it with the wand? seriously, you gotta teach me how you did it smile.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(stateofidleness @ Jan 27 2008, 06:20 PM) *

goin green eh? nice

you gotta teach me that photoshop trick! that last chalon is a pic of my car and would love to see it in different colors. did you just put a color overlay over it? or did you carefully select it with the wand? seriously, you gotta teach me how you did it smile.gif

That pic is small enough that I didn't need to be very accurate, so I just made a new layer, set the blending mode to "hue", and picked a green color that was close and brushed it on over the red.

On the bigger pics, I pretty much did the same thing, except that I created a path with the pen tool, and made a selection from the path. Then I painted it green...

If you don't know how already, learn to use the pen tool. It is one of the best ways to make a selection, especially of a non-organic item.

Edit: I think I misunderstood which pic you were talking about, but I think I still gave you the answer.
Allan
Do you ACTUALLY want a "Chalon" 914?
RJMII
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 27 2008, 04:09 PM) *

CS3 isn't really harder for beginners, if anything its easier, more features, better placement of stuff, Visualization for the effects. Get it, you'll love it.

agree.gif

and then go for the lynda.com video subscription; great combination!

I've also got the Wacom tablet, and couldn't agree more.

Have you seen the airbrush tool for their tablets?
Tedman5
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jan 27 2008, 07:23 PM) *

Do you ACTUALLY want a "Chalon" 914?

Yes I sure do. ACTUALLY, it would be my second.
Obviously, you're a purist and there certainly isn't anything wrong with that but the updated Chalon look is more my taste when it comes to 914's.
I'll make sure to send you the very first picture when its done. happy11.gif
Steve Thacker

If the car's body is toast and it might otherwise become a new candidate as a washing machine, then I say save it. Better for it to stay on the road with the owner very happy with how it looks and secondly for it to stay in circulation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.