Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6GT Oil Cooler Line placement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Enigma
Hello,

Im in the process of installing the front oil cooler in my car. The lines run back thru the drivers foot well then down under the left rocker cover.

My question is, once you get past the jack post and you want to have the lines turn towards the engine bay, what route do you take with them?

Do you just come around the frame or do you cut another hole around the jack post to gain access to the engine bay?

Using the heater duct isnt an option.

I am using a standard 914-6 oil tank

A pix would help out.

Cheers
degreeoff
Here are the picts of mine the return(from engine to tank) runs under the long and there are two bosses must drill out) in the engine bay for the lines out? hope this helps?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Joe Bob
What kind of lines are you using? I've often used blue soft lines and then either simply wrap under the long, go straight back and use fittings to make a 90 to the thermostat......you ARE using a thermostat right?

I have also gone thru the cockpit and then the fire wall....
Enigma
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Jan 27 2008, 06:37 PM) *

Here are the picts of mine the return(from engine to tank) runs under the long and there are two bosses must drill out) in the engine bay for the lines out? hope this helps?

Great! The last picture gave me the detail I needed! Ill take a peek at my car and see if I can get them thru there. Looks like the perfect solution. Thanks Muchly.

To the gent asking about what type of line I am using - stainless AN12.

Thanks guys!
Enigma
QUOTE(356 @ Jan 27 2008, 06:38 PM) *

What kind of lines are you using? I've often used blue soft lines and then either simply wrap under the long, go straight back and use fittings to make a 90 to the thermostat......you ARE using a thermostat right?

I have also gone thru the cockpit and then the fire wall....

Yes the thermostat is located in the front truck next to the cooler. I use the same setup that Jim Patrick uses.

However I removed the engine oil cooler and replaced it with the 993 oil filter console.

So the gravity line runs outta the bottom of the orignal tank.

the output of the motor runs to the cooler in the front and then returns to the tank.

I had them runnning under the long, but it just looks wrong. Im kinda fussy that way. the right way or no way. smile.gif

Cheers
Enigma
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Jan 27 2008, 06:37 PM) *

Ok I took a stab at this today. What I found was passing the lines into the fender well in front of the original oil tank I ran into a problem. I found the once they pass thru they must turn a sharp angle downwards. The radius was so small I fear they will KINK when it gets hot.

How did you get around this? Did you put 90 deg fittings in the fender well?

cheers
burton73
This is the way it was run in 914-6 #41 for 15 years. It is going back in the same way.

I hope this helps.

Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.