Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Injectors - fresh from Witchunter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
Have a nice set of DJet injectors, fresh from Witchunter. Want to start the top end fuel line/clamp/injector/seal install where it's warm - my basement.

So, the injectors are plastic packaged with some sort of fluid apparently keeping them protected. But, there are no protective caps on the bottom.

I want to start putting together the whole setup of lines/hoses/injectors in a warm clime, so it's all ready to go come March (or April). My only concern is protecting the bottom ends of the injectors from contaminents (it's 30% humidity in here, so I don't worry much about corrosion!).

So, any ideas on caps for the bottom ends? Anyone have some laying around collecting dust?
Pat
SLITS
The pintle plastic cap is to protect the pintle ... much like a needle .... from getting jamed into the body or bent. They are replaceable.

So, you could just get some tube end condoms of an appropriate size and slide it over the pintle caps. Hopefully the ID of the condom is sufficient to pull off and on without pulling the pintle cap off the injector. The mineral oil or whatever oil they are shipped in should provide for sufficient lubrication to accomplish this.

BTW .... the inlet has a microscreen in it to fine filter the fuel. This needs protection from contamination of loose particles from the new hose your gonna want to attach.

or

You could just open the top of the bag, slide the injector out far enough to attach the hose, pinch the bag around the injector and secure with a rubber band to prevent fluid leak.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 27 2008, 07:45 PM) *

The pintle plastic cap is to protect the pintle ... much like a needle .... from getting jamed into the body or bent. They are replaceable.

So, you could just get some tube end condoms of an appropriate size and slide it over the pintle caps. Hopefully the ID of the condom is sufficient to pull off and on without pulling the pintle cap off the injector. The mineral oil or whatever oil they are shipped in should provide for sufficient lubrication to accomplish this.

BTW .... the inlet has a microscreen in it to fine filter the fuel. This needs protection from contamination of loose particles from the new hose your gonna want to attach.

or

You could just open the top of the bag, slide the injector out far enough to attach the hose, pinch the bag around the injector and secure with a rubber band to prevent fluid leak.

Thanks - excellent ideas!

Hell, I'm using Fleet glycerin on my rubber parts - may as well take this whole thing into a bodily function arena!
Pat
SLITS
Damn Pat, I know you are a CW but with your colon too?

biggrin.gif
Hammy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 27 2008, 04:45 PM) *

I like the first idea better...
Twystd1
If you rub them hard. They will flow more.

C
Porcharu
They did my CIS injectors for my OldVo - matched the 8 I sent them into an almost perfect set of 4 +/- 1/2 % and the other 4 are within 2 %. Car runs great!
Steve
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 27 2008, 04:22 PM) *

Have a nice set of DJet injectors, fresh from Witchunter. Want to start the top end fuel line/clamp/injector/seal install where it's warm - my basement.

So, the injectors are plastic packaged with some sort of fluid apparently keeping them protected. But, there are no protective caps on the bottom.

I want to start putting together the whole setup of lines/hoses/injectors in a warm clime, so it's all ready to go come March (or April). My only concern is protecting the bottom ends of the injectors from contaminents (it's 30% humidity in here, so I don't worry much about corrosion!).

So, any ideas on caps for the bottom ends? Anyone have some laying around collecting dust?
Pat

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.