Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilding pedal assembly question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
whitey
I'm just completing my pedal assembly rebuild and am getting ready to install the roll pin. Is the proper orientation correct when the clutch pedal is at the floor and the lever (the point of cable attachment) on the right side a little bit forward of straight up. I got this possition by applying pressure against the spring. Maybe someone has a picture (worth a thousand words).

Thanks for the help, Dave
Larry.Hubby
Since there's just a single hole straight through both the clutch shaft and the pedal bushing it's to be pinned to, the only error you could make is to have the shaft 180° from it's proper orientation. In that case, the clutch lever would be pointed down, and you couldn't bolt the pedal assembly down because the lever would hit the floor. As long as the clutch lever is generally pointed up up and the holes in the pedal bushing and the clutch shaft line up so the pin will go in, you're in the correct orientation.

Larry
race914
Just did mine recently, here's a pic

Click to view attachment
whitey
Thanks for the input. This role pin is a bear installing with my vise...should I take it into the local machine shop to have it pressed in?
Mugs914
Just tap it in with a small hammer. That's how I've always done mine...
Mugs914
Put the pedal assembly in a vise and just tap the roll pin in with a small hammer. smash.gif

Piece o' cake!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.