Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kapt Kaos, did you ever get that 2.7 started
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wannabe 914-6 owner
Not all of us can afford to build our ultimate project, at least until our kids leave, so I was following with great intrest your 2.7 conversion project, and your journey to getting it up and running. Have checkecd the thread, but no updates. Did you ever get it started. Best of luck, and will be following your progress biggrin.gif
SLITS
I don't think Joe, no not that Joe; the other Joe, no not THAT one; the other other Joe .... yeh, that one, has done much lately with it.
Allan
I think Joe.

Maybe the Joe yer lookin for.

Or the Joe that wakes me up.

Joe does'nt live here anymore Joe.

Sorry, Ron just cracks me up... av-943.gif
KaptKaos
Crappy weather and my other 914 (plus stuff with the wife and kids) have unfortunately kept me from getting much further along.

I bought a new ignition switch from Pelican and need to install it. The old one was sticking and keeping the starter going even though I had taken the key out! If the weather cooperates, that will go in this week.

I am also in the middle of trying to tune some dual carbs on my 1911, and I need that car running well ASAP, so my priority is that one. However, I think I can get to that 2.7 maybe this week too!

Thanks for asking.
ottox914
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Jan 27 2008, 07:28 PM) *

I bought a new ignition switch from Pelican and need to install it. The old one was sticking and keeping the starter going even though I had taken the key out!

I had a similar problem after coverting to the SDS EFI. The motor would keep running after the key was off. No starter problems, but the motor itself would keep running- you could pull the key right out of the switch and it just kept going! I tried a new switch, but that did not solve the problem. Turned out I was getting some wierd charging system feedback loop thru the dash light- I added a diode in line to the gauge light and that fixed it. Took a bit of searching, but found the answer here in the forums. If you went with some a/m ignition system on the motor, and you try the switch replacement but that doesn't do the trick, search a little to learn more on this other problem w/similar signs.
KaptKaos
If after the starter is engaged and cranking, I pop the key again as if to start it, it will stop. So I think that's the switch (at least I hope ) biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.