Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 presents anyone?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
I have found the woman of my dreams!!! She has just surprised me with these sweet birthday gifts, a Brien Long book 914&914-6 and a Stoddard Porsche friends sticker. Soon she will drive my 914 and be "perverted" for life!!!!! I love this women!!!!

What has your babe gotten you for a 914 like gift lately? beer.gif
stateofidleness
my 914 is my woman...

at least this one won't ever leave me... might break down on me a lot, but it'll never leave me lol
Allan
QUOTE(stateofidleness @ Jan 27 2008, 06:54 PM) *

my 914 is my woman...

blink.gif
nsr-jamie
My cool wife got me a sweet parking space for the car, its hard to find good parking in Japan that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Cjllong
My wife let me KEEP my 914 when I decided not to sell it! Had a buyer and everything! Then she let me put $2500 into my Jeep! wub.gif
Twise
My wife has agreed to go with me to the Route 66 Ramble - I reserve the right to comment on the COOLNESS of this at a later date. I just decided to get a louder stereo...
PeeGreen 914
When I got married I thought I was going to need to sell my 914 because my wife needed a car. She told me she would do without as she didn't want to see it go. She MADE me keep it biggrin.gif I love her...My wife that is biggrin.gif
Gustl
my last GF didn't like my teener ... well, now I'm a single with a teener ...

rolleyes.gif Gustl
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jan 28 2008, 01:40 AM) *

my last GF didn't like my teener ... well, now I'm a single with a teener ...

rolleyes.gif Gustl

smilie_pokal.gif I think you came out ahead on that one wink.gif
VaccaRabite
My wife has not bought me anyhting for the car, but she also has not complained when I spend hours in the garage, or spend a ton of money on parts, etc.

Zach
914Sixer
My wife knew I had a problem. When we first met I had an engine in the middle of the living room being assembled. There were 5 cars out behind the fence. We now have a different house and I have a 20x20 climate controlled garage for such work.
championgt1
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 28 2008, 05:17 AM) *

My wife has not bought me anyhting for the car, but she also has not complained when I spend hours in the garage, or spend a ton of money on parts, etc.

Zach

agree.gif Pretty much my situation as well.
sean_v8_914
I found sweetpea's chassis up in concord,. when I told her about it, she rented me a truck to go pick it up and rode shotgun. we bought it sight unseen trailer included. she also bought me a new modern plasma cutter when old crusty bit the bed
andys
"What's a 914?" says wife.
Never asks what I spend, so I guess it's ok.

Andys
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(JPB @ Jan 27 2008, 06:47 PM) *

I have found the woman of my dreams!!! She has just surprised me with these sweet birthday gifts, a Brien Long book 914&914-6 and a Stoddard Porsche friends sticker. Soon she will drive my 914 and be "perverted" for life!!!!! I love this women!!!!

JP if she's going out with you...She already is. biggrin.gif

Hows it going dude?
Chuck
Well, first off, my wife allowed me to purchase a non-running 914. Count 1 in her favor.

Then she allowed me to put said non-running 914 in the garage. Count 2 in her favor.

Then she has allowed me to purchase tools and parts to work on it. Count 3 in her favor.

Then, and this takes the cake, she gave me money for Christmas, worked with all the family to assure they only gave me money for Christmas, and then allowed me to dip into our funds to secure a 3.2 six for the car. That is a very large Count 4 in her favor.

I am a spoiled and lucky man. biggrin.gif It is her birthday today and I need to come up with something really nice for her - she's the best!

Now I just need to arrange with Craig to have the motor shipped. piratenanner.gif
Slider
My wife has never bought me anything for the teener. but shes supports me and the car and shes says that i love the car more than her.. sometimes i think shes right..

But she didnt complain..or even try to argue with me when i wanted to buy it. (she said she figured it would have been a losing battle) and shes been supporting of this disease that i have and the money that ive spent . ohh and now that im corrupting my 3 year old into the ways of the Teener's

Thats why its driving me crazy that my car is in CA and we are in CO..Grr someday soon i will be reunited.
Cjllong
If the wives could somehow, "accidently" see this thread and all the nice things we said about them, I bet we would all get a very special thank you from them! happy11.gif (Like maby some extra parts $$$ for the 914!) aktion035.gif
mrbill
My wife and I got married last July. While we were dating she was with me when I sold my first 914. She bought me another 914 as my wedding present. I have to say she is absolutely the coolest for doing that. In addition she puts up with all the repairs and fussing with the new car. I love her!
*kennyd*914
It's refreshing to see that a great number of us seem to offer a similar story.

My wife had never seen a 914 before we met. When I found "Little Blue" she supported my decission to buy it (thinking that it was a mid life crisis). I had to explain that in order to have a mid life, you needed to miss out on something earlier (I had my first 914 @ age 19).
Last year, we found out that we were going to require some engine work, as the 1.8L was on the green mile and required serious attention ..... my wife bought me a 2.0L engine for Christmas.
I made it up to her though, I gave her a set of keys ....... to a CR/V!
BiG bOgGs
My little TFC (Too Fucking Cute) let me buy the 914 even though we could have done many more responsible things with the money. She knew it was my dream car since kindergarten. And since we bought it about a year ago she has never even ridden in it. Just last week she used the 914 to pickup our boy from his bus stop after school. When she got home, she told me with a laugh and a smile "that thing is a go cart." I think the disease may be just starting to infect her. Maybe it will cure her of her 911 lust. biggrin.gif

Jim
JPB
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jan 28 2008, 01:07 PM) *

QUOTE(JPB @ Jan 27 2008, 06:47 PM) *

JP if she's going out with you...She already is. biggrin.gif

Hows it going dude?

agree.gif And needless to say, I will not come up for air for the next 48 hrs. starting at 7PM tonight. Doing good finally and hope the best is with you also. beer.gif

It sounds like there are quite a few lucky fellas here aktion035.gif
rebelmdot
piratenanner.gif I, Gentlemen, Hit the Jackpot!! Not only do I have a 911SC (perfect), and a non running 1976 2.0, my wife let me buy two more non running 914's this morning and promised me something special when she gets home from work, "to make the day perfect". She also realizes the I am putting $$ into them without a complaint, and the icing on my cake is that my birthday was two weeks ago and she got me a Les Paul aktion035.gif
swl
My wife did not like the 914 when we met 33 years ago. She does not like it today. But she puts up with it and I put up with her Sweet Adeline addiction. It's all good. Just every now and then I have to remind her that if I have to get rid of something old and high maintenance the car has seniority on her.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.