Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: MS Access driving me crazy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
trojanhorsepower
Help!

I am trying to build a data base here at work and this thing is making me go crazy.
I have data organized by lot number (the lot number is the pond name and fill date i.e. 215-7/01). I can get the thing to give me multiple lot numbers, but only of one group. Right now I just have a little test data in for ponds 214 and 215, but I have 3 sets of data (2 lot #’s for pond 215), so my data is divided into 3 lots (214-7/01, 215-7/01 and 215-6/02). When I build a report and link it to the pond size table it will only give me the 2 sets of 215 data, but if I just use the one data table it will give me all 3?

Anybody want to take a stab at this.

Thanks all

-Pete
Qarl
I think it has to do with how your tables are related.

You can link multiple tables together by a common (similar) field. In your case it's probably the pond number.

Make a query first. Show both tables that you want to link together. Link the common field with a join

Select the the fields down in the query that you want to show in the report.

Now click on the link between the related tables. You can change the relationship on how the data is displayed (join properties). Try clicking the second option or the third option (include all options from one table and only the matching ones from the second and vice versa).

Run your report using the query instead of the individual tables.

Or PM me and I'll send you my e-mail and I can take a look at it.

Regards,

Karl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.