Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumb question 100,245,090,887, but who is counting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve Thacker
Hello boys and girls we are going to play a game today. Aren't you sooo excited?!
Its called lets remove some stuff that doesn't look to do any good on our teener.
One of you will be the lucky one and win the boobie priz...err sorry wrong place to post that heehee. Sandbox Steve, Sandbox, Sandbox, can't forget...OK moving on.....

Seriously I was out trolling on Ebay yesterday and found the air guides below. How much do these puppies do? As I think mine are gone. Yes, I admit I'm pretty sure I removed mine a while ago. I do have CHT sensors on 1 and 3 and I get up to 350 degrees when I'm slowly cruising up the road at say...55 mph.

It can go as high as 420 degrees on flat ground as I increase up to 70 mph for a period of time, before I start worrying and forget to enjoy my drive.
I usually split for home or pull off and let it cool. I have checked and no mices are living in the engine tin to block things up.

I have checked the timing and I think I got it spot on. As it idles like a sewing machine and response to throttle taps are quick.

Particulars:
2.0 liter with factory F.I
Timing set at 27 degrees BTDC @ 3500

I'm wondering could I get better temps with putting these back on?
rhodyguy
they really help secure the hes by tying them to the case. good first line of defense to keep debris out of/off the bottom of the cly portions of the engine. the cables fit in the groove on the one for the pass side helping to keep them away from the exhaust piping and acting as a heat shield.

k
davep
It is hard to say for sure. However, consider this carefully: due to a management change at VW the cost of the 914 was far higher than had been anticipated. Cost cutting was the order of the day. Any way to save cost was taken and no parts that could be eliminated were kept.
type47
darn. and i have my eye on those too.
rhodyguy
AA sells them new.

k
Steve Thacker
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 29 2008, 09:20 AM) *

darn. and i have my eye on those too.

Jim go for them. I was just window shopping. I will get a used pair from someone in the forsale section. As I need a few other items as well.

Guys Thank You for the insight on the factory thoughts on items. It makes sense to just find myself a set and get them back on the car. I will have to continue to see about the engine temps when it gets warm again here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.