Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear 914/6 stubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
do the stub axles from mittlemotor work with early 911 hubs? I have the rear hubs and would like to use them with the right stub axles. This would allow me to use the stock axles, right? I dont have early stock 914 rear hubs to stud, which would be the other option.
campbellcj
Yes
davep
914/6 stub axles work with 914/6 hubs, and they ARE the early 911 hub.. That is exactly what I used when I did the conversion. Not too sure what years work, but I recall the 1974 911 hub was a little different. Bearings were the same up to 73, and changed in 74.

DaveP
thats great guys, thanks very much. How hard is it find the early hubs to drill?
East coaster
Be careful about the statement that they work with "early hubs". I bought a set of quote "early hubs" and they will not work. You need hubs from post '69 911, I think '69 thru '73. Earlier than '69 has a very course spline and will not work. Brad or someone can probably give you a more definitive answer, but the real early hubs will not work.
thats cool they are from a 72!

Thanks
otto
No need to get them from germany we have them right here in Venice beach. Early Hub shown with our 914-6 Stub axle made by Aerospace Machine Shop for us.Otto

http://www.ottosvenice.com/
steve@ottosvenice.com
The stubbs are Made from a Super duty M 30 Alloy they are $245 each Here are the ones Sven's selling At 1 euros to 1.28 dollars they are $ 242 + shipping and customs fees. Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.