Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dual relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tagtmeyer914
i need to eventually buy a new dual relay but they
say that i need the exact numbers for there is more
than one kind im unable to get my numbers due to
surface rust on the relay i was able to see a 92 and couldnt figure the third number maybe a 1 or a 7 any help is apprreciated. maybe a good question for dave at pelican.
tdgray
I will icon_bump.gif this but I think we need more information. Not sure which relay you are describing... is this on the relay board?

A pic might be helpful.
type47
there is a part in the 1.8L L-jet system known as the "dual relay". i referenced the auto atlanta web site parts diagrams and found a part number 071.906.059a id'ed as a dual relay

pelican parts id's it as a fuel pump relay 13-63-1-273.139-M14
Cap'n Krusty
071 906 059A is the number. The Bosch number is 0 332 514 121. Readily available. The Cap'n
tagtmeyer914
i wish i could give more info but if this helps, it is located on the passenger side on my engine tin. im not sure if it was originally intended to be there. it might have origionally been intended to be on the side battery tray. on one side i have a harness piece hooked up on the other side the po cut wires and used female connectors. and one more thing its not on the relay board next to the heater fan. thanks for the input and the few numbers i could read might have been upside down the coating on the outside is very tarnished all i can read for sure on it is "bosch germany" and the little vw emblem on it.
type47
tell us which fuel injection system you have. the dual relay originally was mounted on the battery tray support and is a part particular to the L-jet EFI system. if we knew for sure you have L-jet, i'd say 98% this is what you're looking for. now if you tell us you have D-jet, we have to go back to square 1.
tagtmeyer914
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 31 2008, 05:09 AM) *

tell us which fuel injection system you have. the dual relay originally was mounted on the battery tray support and is a part particular to the L-jet EFI system. if we knew for sure you have L-jet, i'd say 98% this is what you're looking for. now if you tell us you have D-jet, we have to go back to square 1.

yes it is stock l-jet as it is a 74
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.