Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Raby 225hp in a 912
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rebelmdot
Jake, after becoming a zombie (relentlessly pursuing info on restoring my 914) on the internet and reading all about your praises, I know that you do not need additional pats on the back, but I will give you one anyway. My local mechanic for my 911 is a Brumos alum. And although he does not share our enthusiasm for the 914 (911 fan), in speaking with him today, he has a 912 in his shop as we speak with one of your engines (225hp) and he said that he is very impressed with your work. I will tell you that it is a great compliment for he knows (air cooled) Porsche as well if not better than anyone on the planet I have come across, and he is very skeptical or even cynical when it comes to the "aftermarket". For lack of better ways to put it, he became your best sales person today. I now just have to decide on which engine kit of yours will best represent my intentions.
Jake Raby
Good to hear... That car is a very awesome piece of work and I am very happy to have an engine sitting in the engine bay!

People that have direct experience with what we do never have an issue with what we create- its only thbose who can't grasp the concept and why it isn't "cheap".. (or those with a bad attitude who can't afford it and that automatically makes it SUCK!)

Looking forward to helping you select the right kit for you and your car!
GTPatrick
By any chance is your mech's shop in the Memphis area ? On Summer Ave. ????
SirAndy
QUOTE(rebelmdot @ Jan 29 2008, 09:31 PM) *

Christian, is that your car in your avatar?

if so, is that the original color ???
idea.gif Andy
rebelmdot
QUOTE(GTPatrick @ Jan 30 2008, 03:11 PM) *

By any chance is your mech's shop in the Memphis area ? On Summer Ave. ????

No, Wicky is in Nashville, TN. Off Dickerson Pike. He co-habitates with a Z Car Mechanic. Both really good guys and the top of the heap in this neck of the woods. He is working on my 911SC right now and when finished he is allowing me to come rebuild my transmission under his supervision. Then when I decide which of Jake's Monsters to put in the ride, he is going to supervise me rebuilding engine with Jake's kit. If you need a good wrench in Memphis, I will be speaking with him tomorrow and can ask for a referral. Let me know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.